This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Video game industry|
|Xavier Poix (managing director)|
Ubisoft Montpellier is a French video game developer and a subsidiary of Ubisoft based in Castelnau-le-Lez. The company was founded in 1994, originally as a graphics studio, and was known as Ubi Pictures, and later as Ubisoft Pictures. In December 2000, the studio had 25 employees working from an old farm located near the Opéra national de Montpellier. On March 14, 2011, Ubisoft Pictures was merged with several other Ubisoft-owned properties in the Montpellier area, including Tiwak, and was renamed Ubisoft Montpellier. The studio is best known for developing the Beyond Good & Evil and Rayman series, as well as creating the UbiArt Framework game engine.
- "Studio profiles" (PDF). Ubisoft. 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2019.
- Guillaume, Grallet (15 February 2001). "Michel Ancel: Le Rayman d'UbiSoft". L'Express (in French). Retrieved 9 February 2019.
- Freeman, Will (25 January 2012). "Inside Ubisoft Montpellier: A Ray of light". MCVUK. Future Publishing Limited Quay House. Retrieved 9 February 2019.
- "Annual Report 2012" (PDF). Ubisoft. 2 July 2012. Retrieved 9 February 2019.
- Nintendo Switch Game: Rayman Legends Definitive Edition, 2017, retrieved 30 September 2017
|This European video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|