|Region||Dar es Salaam|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ubungo was formerly a ward in the Kinondoni District of Dar es Salaam.
Ubungo hosts the University of Dar es Salaam in the north east of Ubungo.
Ubungo hosts the country's largest indoor shopping mall, the Mlimani City Shopping Mall.
The Ubungo Bus Terminal is one of the main terminals for the city and serves as a transportation link to mostly upcountry cities and Dar es Salaam. Relocation is all set to take place once the new terminal is ready.
Construction of the new Mbezi Luis Bus Terminal which will cost 28 Billion shillings is under construction which will serve about 700 buses daily. The terminal will consist of 2 phases, Phase I will be ready by the end of 2020, and Phase II will include hotels and shopping malls. As of June 2020, 79 percent of the project is complete.
The Dar es Salaam commuter rail goes from here to the city centre but at the moment it is not fast (narrow gauge) and there are ten level crossings of roads along the route before the fast run.
Ubungo hosts the offices of the Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited.
Ubungo Interchange Project
The 247bn/ road project in the area of Ubungo is currently on construction to reduce heavy traffic. The 17.5m bridge consisting of three level lanes and service roads is constructed by construction company, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation.  Upon completion approximately 6000 vehicles are expected to pass daily. As of July 2020, the project is complete by 80 percent.
- "RELOCATION OF DAR BUS TERMINAL TO KICK OFF SOON". Daily News. September 21, 2018.
- "Construction of new Mbezi bus terminal gets underway". The Citizen (Tanzania). February 1, 2019.
- "Govt to spend 28.71 bn/- on Mbezi Louis Bus Terminal". IPP Media. May 9, 2017.
- "DART Ubungo Interchange Construction 25% Complete". Tanzania Invest. April 1, 2019.
- "INTERCHANGE PROJECT TO BE READY DEC". Daily News. March 25, 2019.
- "Infrastructure: Construction of Ubungo Interchange complete by 25 per cent". The Citizen. March 27, 2019.
- "Tanzania's Ubungo interchange partially opened to public". Construction Review Online. July 9, 2020.