University College of Engineering, Kakatiya University
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Marching Towards Academic Excellence|
|Type||Education and research institution|
|Chancellor||Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao|
|Vice-Chancellor||Sri K. Chiranjeevulu, IAS Director School Education TS|
|Principal||prof.C V Mohan Rao|
|Location||Kothagudem, Telangana, India|
|Campus||Kothagudem, 500 acres (2.0 km2) of land|
The University College of Engineering, Kakatiya University (KUCE) is a technical university in Kothagudem, India. It is a public engineering institute located in Warangal, India. Formerly known as the Kothagudem School of Mines(KSM). It is the First mining college in Telangana and the second in India.
The first of all KSM, erstwhile UCE(KU) started functioning in 1956 with single department Mining Engineering Established in 1976, the University College of Engineering, Kakatiya University, is the only school of mining in Telangana. It was formerly known as Kothagudem School of Mines.
The college moved to its present permanent building in 1996. Today it is the biggest among the campus colleges of Kakatiya University. There are 103 teaching staff members, including professors. The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate B.Tech in CSE, EEE, Mining ECE,IT courses..
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
Kakatiya University embarked in 1996 on the Computer Science and Engineering Programme, when the UGC identified the University for its manpower development Programme. The Department offers B.E. and MCA programs.
Placement Cell for Computer Science and Engineering
Students are placed in companies like CA Inc., Teradata, Infosys, Syntel, Mahindra Satyam, Accenture
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The department started in 1996 as a part of the Electrical Engineering Department. The department has well experienced faculty and has the following labs. 1. Basic Electrical Lab 2. Electrical Machines 3. Power Systems 4. Digital Electronics 5. Control Systems
The Mining Engineering Department was established in 1957 at Osmania University, Hyderabad, to offer a four-year degree course in Mining Engineering, with an intake of 30 students. This is the only mining department in Telangana. Students of mining will be taken to mine surveys and mine visits . The department has a team of experienced and well qualified faculty which leads the students to acquire knowledge and meet the industry standards. Students of Mining will be taken to different mine surveys and mine visits The department has established the following laboratories for practical training.
The department has established the following laboriousness for practical training:
- Rock Mechanics Lab
- Mine ventilation Lab
- Mine surveying Lab
- Mine environment Hazards
- Strength of Materials
- Mechanical Technology
- CAD/CAM lab with 30 computers
- Rock Excavation Lab
The department faculty members are on National Committees as well as in mining projects in the region. The department has organized eleven National Seminars/Conferences/Workshops/Short-term programs in areas such as CAD/CAM, stress analysis using FEM, Optimization of energy, Recovery systems and metal spinning.
Companies that recruit students from the college include:
- Coal India Limited
- Vizag Steel
- Vedanta Resources Plc
- Madras cement Ltd
- India Cement Ltd
- Madras Cements Limited
- Dalmia Cements Limited
- Dr.Rajive Ganguli Presently working as Professor College of Engineering and Mines University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Sri. T. Vijay Kumar IAS
- Sri. Vilas Teggi Senior Vice President, Madras Cements Ltd
- Sri.Harilal S R Technical Services Coordinator, Anglo American Coal,Australia.
- Prof. B. P. Khare Dept of Mining and Author of international Mining Books
- Dr.Singham Jayanthu HOD,Dept of Mining, NIT Rourkela
- Dr.L.Ajay Kumar HOD,Dept of Mining, Anna University,Chennai
- Dr.B.Krishna Rao Famous Personality in the Field of Mining Engineering
- Prof.K.U.M.Rao HOD,Dept of Mining,IIT Karagpur
- Prof.R.D.Singh Author of Many Mining Books
- [Prof.D.Chandra Shekar]-HOD of Mining & Retired in 2012.
- Raman Koul General Manager Atlas Copco ( India) Ltd
and in addition to them the college has produced many great persons.. List will be updated soon
- Kakatiya University profile Kakatiya University official website. accessed 17 March 2009