Uchinoda Station in 2005
|Operated by||JR Kyushu|
|Line(s)||■ Nichinan Line|
|Distance||37.1 km from Minami-Miyazaki|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Bicycle facilities||Bike shed|
|Disabled access||No - steps to platform|
|Opened||28 October 1941|
|Passengers (FY2016)||10 daily|
The station consists of a side platform serving a single track at grade. There is no station building, only a shelter on the platform for waiting passengers. A bike shed has been set up at the station forecourt, from where a short flight of steps leads up to the platform.
Japanese Government Railways (JGR) had opened the Shibushi Line from Nishi-Miyakonojō to Sueyoshi (now closed) in 1923. By 1925, the line had been extended eastwards to the east coast of Kyushu at Shibushi. The line was then extended northwards in phases, reaching Aburatsu by 1937. The track was extended further north with Kitagō opening as the northern terminus on 28 October 1941. Uchinoda was one of several intermediate stations opened on the same day on the new track. The route was designated the Nichinan Line on 8 May 1963. With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, the station came under the control of JR Kyushu.
In fiscal 2016, the station was used by an average of 10 passengers (boarding only) per day.
- "JR Kyushu Route Map" (PDF). JR Kyushu. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "内之田" [Uchinoda]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第7巻 宮崎・鹿児島・沖縄エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 7 Miyazaki Kagoshima Okinawa Area] (in Japanese). Kodansha. pp. 55, 95. ISBN 9784062951661.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. pp. 232–3. ISBN 4533029809.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 775. ISBN 4533029809.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- Imao, Keisuke (2009). 日本鉄道旅行地図帳 12号 九州 沖縄―全線・全駅・全廃線 [Japan Rail Travel Atlas No. 12 Kyushu Okinawa - all lines, all stations and disused lines] (in Japanese). Mook. pp. 21, 62–3. ISBN 9784107900302.
- "宮崎県統計年鑑 鉄道輸送実績（１日平均）" [Miyazaki Prefecture Statistics Yearbook Railway Transportation Record (daily average)]. Miyazaki Prefectural Government website. Retrieved 6 May 2018. See the table for 平成28年度 [fiscal 2016].
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Uchinoda Station.|
|This Miyazaki Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|