|Elevation||22 m (72 ft)|
|• Rank||3rd (in Tripura)|
|• Official||Bengali, Kokborok, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Udaipur (Pron:/uːˈdaɪpʊə or ˈuːdaɪˌpʊə/), formerly known as Rangamati, is the third biggest city in the Indian state of Tripura. The city was a former capital of the state during the reign of the Maharajas. This city is famous for the Tripura Sundari temple also known as Tripureswari temple. It is also the headquarters of Gomati district. Udaipur is about 50 km from Agartala, the capital of Tripura.
Udaipur is located at  It has an average elevation of 22 metres (72 feet).The Gumti river passes through the heart of Udaipur and helps in irrigation of its lands. It is around 50 km from the state capital..
As of 2011 India census, Udaipur had a population of 37,781. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Udaipur has an average literacy rate of 94.84%, higher than the national average of 72.9%: male literacy is 96.50%, and female literacy is 93.15%. In Udaipur, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age. 82% of the population is hindu, 17% is Muslim and less than 1% is from other faiths such as Jain, Christian etc.
Attractions in Udaipur
Udaipur is dotted with temples the most famous of which is the Tripura Sundari temple, which is one of the 51 Shakti Peethas. The temple was constructed by Maharaja Dhanya Manikya Debbarma in 1501. There is a big lake beside the temple known as Kalyan Sagar. Bhubaneshwari Temple is another famous temple here. Gunabati temple, Jagannath temple, Mahadev Temple are other famous temples. Udaipur is also known as "lake city" and has many beautiful lakes.Some of them are Jagannath dighi, Mahadev Dighi, Amar sagar, Dhanisagar and as mentioned above, Kalyan sagar.It also has a national library named "Nazrul Granthagar",after Kazi Nazrul Islam. Tepania Eco Park, Puran Rajbari etc are other attractions of Udaipur. It is called the tourism capital of Tripura.
There are several famous educational institutions of the state are present in Udaipur.
- Gomati District Polytecnic Institution is situated at Fulkumari area on the side of Udaipur-Amarpur Road. Civil engineering, Electrical engineering and Computer Science engineering courses are available here.
General Degree Colleges
- Netaji Subash Mahavidyalaya, erstwhile Udaipur Government Degree College is present at Dhajanagar beside NH 8.
- Udaipur English Medium Higher Secondary School (U.E.M.H.S.S) - Established in 1990,it is one of the elite Govt schools in the state.
- Ramesh H.S. School - One of the oldest and elite schools of the state that boasts of having many famous personalities like Manik Sarkar as its Alumni.
- Kirit Bikram Institution(K.B.I.)- Established in 1905,it is one of the oldest and prestigious schools in the state.
- Chandrapur Higher secondary school(CHSS)-Established in 1951.
- Udaipur Girls' H.S. School another famous institution is situated on the north west bank of Jagannath Dighi.
- Brilliantl Stars School affiliated to CBSE is a at Dhajanagar.
- DONBOSCO School affiliated to CBSE is nearby to Brilliant Stars School at Dhajanagar.
- Vivekananda vidyapith is another famous school of the state.
- Jawhar Navodaya Vidyalaya at Fulkumari has hostel facility for the students.
- Hariyananda Girls' H.S. School
- East R.K. Pur Girls' H.S.School
- Tripura Sundari H.S. School etc are other famous schools of the city.
- Tripura Sundari Temple (Matar Badi-Mothers Abode)
- Jagannath-Badi Temple
- Mahadev-Badi Temple
- Satsanga Bihar, Udaipur
- Loknath Temple
- Ramkrisna Asram
- Basanti Mandir
- Ramthakur Asram
- Bhubaneswari Temple
This section needs to be updated.March 2017)(
Udaipur railway station is situated near Matabari. The station lies on the Lumding–Sabroom section, which comes under the Lumding railway division of the Northeast Frontier Railway. It is one the most beautiful railway station of the country with mesmerising architecture. Udaipur lies on NH 8, Agartala to Sabroom segment. From Rajarbag Motor Stand all day road connectivity is available towards capital Agartala and other cities of the states. The biggest river of the state Gomati is passing besides the city. To create a water connectivity through the river by increase the depth of the river is a part of one of the auspicious future project of the central govt. 
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Udaipur
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "UDPRT/Udaipur Tripura". India Rail Info.
- First Commercial Broad Gauge Freight Train Arrives In Tripura
- BG railhead reaches Udaipur amid cheers Archived 2016-03-21 at the Wayback Machine
- http://www.irctc.co.in. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Udaipur, Tripura.|