Ude hishigi waki gatame
|Ude hishigi waki gatame|
Ude-Hishigi-Waki-Gatame is an armlock and one of the official 29 grappling techniques of Kodokan Judo. It is one of the nine joint techniques of the Kansetsu-waza list, one of the three grappling lists in Judo's Katame-waza enumerating 29 grappling techniques. Falling directly to the mat while applying or attempting to apply the Waki gatame in competition is listed as an Hansoku-make (Grave Infringement) by the International Judo Federation.
This armlock is executed with Uke on their stomach, while tori has uke's arm trapped with the elbow beneath tori's armpit. Tori lifts uke's hand, causing hyperextension of the elbow joint in a similar manner to Ude-Hishigi-Juji-Gatame.
- Kan'nuki gatame(閂固)(Single overhook)
- Inside shoulder armlock
In mixed martial arts
- The Canon Of Judo
- Judo technique
- The video, The Essence of Judo featuring Kyuzo Mifune
- Tai gatame ude kujiki(1st patern,2nd patern)(体固腕挫 その一,その二)
Similar techniques, variants, and aliases
IJF official names
- U.H. waki-gatame
- Ude-Hishigi-Kata-Osae-Tai-Gatame and variant Ude-Hishigi-Tai-Gatame are described in The Canon Of Judo.
- Kata osae tai gatame ude kujiki
- Kata osae tai gatame ude kujiki is a joint hold demonstrated in The Essence Of Judo featuring Kyuzo Mifune. This is included in Ude hishigi hara gatame.
- "IJF Referee Rules". intjudo.eu. 2007. Archived from the original on 11 March 2015. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- How to do the Infamous ‘Waki Gatame’ Armlock Standing and on the Ground, 2017
- "IJF Referee Rules". web1.vattnet.com. 2007. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
|This article related to judo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|