|Youth Wing Secretary of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|Assumed office |
4 July 2019
|President||M. K. Stalin|
|General Secretary||K. Anbazhagan|
|Preceded by||M. P. Saminathan|
27 November 1977
Madras, Tamil Nadu (present-day Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India)
|Political party||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|Spouse(s)||Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi |
|Relations||M. Karunanidhi (grandfather)|
M. K. Alagiri (uncle)
M. K. Kanimozhi (aunt)
Arulnithi Tamilarasu (cousin)
Dayanidhi Azhagiri (cousin)
Senthamarai Sabareesan (sister)
Sabareesan Vedamurthy (maternal-uncle)
|Children||Inbanithi (son) |
|Father||M. K. Stalin|
|Relatives||See Karunanidhi family|
|Residence||25/9, Chittaranjan Road, Alwarpet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Alma mater||Loyola College, Chennai|
Udhayanidhi Stalin is an Indian film actor, producer, and politician who prominently works in Kollywood film industry. He entered the film industry as a film producer and distributor with his production studio, Red Giant Movies, and made films including Kuruvi (2008), Aadhavan (2009) and Manmadan Ambu (2010). He subsequently made his debut as an actor through the romantic comedy, Oru Kal Oru Kannadi (2012) and has since continued producing and starring in his own films.
Early life and family
Udhayanidhi Stalin is the son of former Deputy Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu M. K. Stalin and the grandson of former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu M. Karunanidhi. He did schooling in Don Bosco and his degree BSc in Visual Communications from Loyola College in Chennai. Several of his relatives have been actively involved in politics and Tamil cinema since the 1960s. His cousins Arulnithi and Dayanidhi Azhagiri are an actor and producer, respectively. He is married to Kiruthiga, who heads the lifestyle magazine Inbox 1305. She also directed the film Vanakkam Chennai (2013) for Red Giant Movies and Kaali (2018).
Udhayanidhi Stalin's first film as a producer with Red Giant Movies was Kuruvi (2008), starring Vijay and Trisha. He also produced two films directed by K. S. Ravikumar, Aadhavan (2009) and Manmadan Ambu (2010). He produced AR Murugadoss's science fiction film 7aum Arivu (2011), while also working as a distributor, achieving success through his four 2010 releases: Gautham Menon's Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa, A. L. Vijay's Madrasapattinam, M. Rajesh's Boss Engira Bhaskaran and Prabhu Solomon's Mynaa.
In 2012, Stalin debuted as a lead actor in M. Rajesh's romantic comedy Oru Kal Oru Kannadi (2012), co-starring with Hansika Motwani and Santhanam. Stalin received positive reviews for his performance of an unemployed youth. Behindwoods.com noted: "Udhay's portrayal of Saravanan is neat and enjoyable and he scores well in his debut heroic film", while Sify.com added: "Udhay's debut is promising and hats off to him to underplay his role". Stalin won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for his performance. The success of Oru Kal Oru Kannadi prompted Stalin to continue acting and he appeared in Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal (2014) and Nanbenda (2015), both films featuring him opposite Nayanthara. He worked on Gethu (2016), with Amy Jackson and then performed in the courtroom drama Manithan (2016), with Hansika Motwani, a remake of the Hindi film Jolly LLB.
In 2017, he has worked in the comedy entertainer Saravanan Irukka Bayamaen from director Ezhil,  followed by Podhuvaga Emmanasu Thangam  and action thriller, Ippadai Vellum. Udhayanidhi Stalin has delivered a decent performance with his share of subtleness. The next project was the drama Nimir (2018), a remake of Malayalam film Maheshinte Prathikaaram directed by Priyadarshan then following the romantic drama, Kanne Kalaimaane.
|2012||Oru Kal Oru Kannadi||Saravanan||SIIMA Award for Best Male Debutant|
Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut – South
Norway Tamil Film Festival Award for Best Newcomer Actor
|2013||Vanakkam Chennai||Flat tenant||Guest appearance|
|2014||Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal||Kathirvelan|
|2017||Saravanan Irukka Bayamaen||Saravanan|
|Podhuvaga Emmanasu Thangam||Ganesh|
|2019||Kanne Kalaimaane||Kamala Kannan|
- Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa (2010)
- Madrasapattinam (2010)
- Boss Engira Bhaskaran (2010)
- Mynaa (2010)
- Bakrid (2019)
Udhayanidhi Stalin is contesting in Chepauk - Thiruvallikeni Assembly Constituency in the 2021 Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Election.
- "Another son traces dad's footsteps, rises in the DMK". The Times of India. 5 July 2019. Retrieved 5 July 2019.
- "Exclusive biography of @Udhaystalin and on his life". FilmiBeat.
- "Redgiant Movies". redgiantmovies.in.
- "Udhayanidhi Stalin: Right Heir, Right Now". Lakshmi Subramanian. India Today. 25 September 2010. Retrieved 31 October 2018.
- "Arulnithi Tamilarasu Blessed With Baby Boy!".
- "Kollywood Director Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi Biography, News, Photos, Videos". nettv4u.
- "Inbox 1305 celebrates its first anniversary". The New Indian Express.
- "Vanakkam Chennai Movie Review Vanakkam Chennai, வணக்கம் சென்னை விமர்சனம்". www.behindwoods.com.
- "Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi's Kaali: What Works, What Doesn't". 18 May 2018.
- "Vijay fans will love Kuruvi". www.rediff.com.
- "Aadhavan - Tamil Movie Reviews - Suriya Nayanthara Ramesh Kanna Vadivelu K.S.Ravikumar Udhayanidhi Stalin Harris Jayaraj - Behindwoods.com". www.behindwoods.com.
- "MANMADHAN AMBU MOVIE REVIEW - TAMIL MOVIE MANMADHAN AMBU MOVIE REVIEW". www.behindwoods.com.
- "Silambarasan - Tamil Movie News - Red Giant's plan for Silambarasan - Silambarasan | Gautham Menon | Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya - Behindwoods.com". www.behindwoods.com.
- "Red Giant Movies will be releasing Vijay's Saivam". www.behindwoods.com.
- "Boss Engira Baskaran Malayalam Movie Preview cinema review stills gallery trailer video clips showtimes". IndiaGlitz.com.
- "Mynaa தமிழ் Movie Preview cinema review stills gallery trailer video clips showtimes". IndiaGlitz.com.
- "Review : Oru Kal Oru Kannadi". Sify.com. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "Oru Kal Oru Kannadi Review – Oru Kal Oru Kannadi Movie Review". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Chowdhary, Y. Sunita (1 September 2012). "OKOK: Immensely watchable fare" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal (aka) Ithu Kathirvelan Kadhal review". www.behindwoods.com.
- "Nanbenda (aka) Nannbenda review". www.behindwoods.com.
- Srinivasan, Sudhir (14 January 2016). "Gethu: A beautifully shot thriller that isn't particularly thrilling" – via www.thehindu.com.
- Saraswathi, S. "Review: Manithan is a poor imitation of Jolly LLB". Rediff.
- "Saravanan Irukka Bayamaen Review: A mundane comedy entertainer".
- "Podhuvaga Emmanasu Thangam review. Podhuvaga Emmanasu Thangam Tamil movie review, story, rating". IndiaGlitz.com.
- "Ippadai Vellum (aka) Ippadai Velum review". Behindwoods. 9 November 2017.
- Menon, Vishal (26 January 2018). "'Nimir' review: A 'sole'less remake" – via www.thehindu.com.
- ChennaiFebruary 22, Kirubhakar Purushothaman; February 22, 2019UPDATED; Ist, 2019 10:51. "Kanne Kalaimane movie review: Udhayanidhi Stalin and Tamannaah shine in optimistic romantic drama". India Today.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Psycho movie review: Mysskin's film succeeds in humanizing a serial killer". Hindustan Times. 24 January 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Udhayanidhi Stalin.|