|Born||January 22, 1958|
|Years of service||1976–2006|
|Commands held||500 Brigade, 460 Brigade, Elram|
|Battles/wars||1982 Lebanon War, 2006 Lebanon War|
|Relations||Yekutiel Adam (father)|
Aluf Ehud "Udi" Adam (Hebrew: אהוד "אודי" אדם; born January 22, 1958) is a former general in the Israel Defense Forces and the former head of the Israeli Northern Command. Adam has received a B.A. in psychology and sociology from Bar Ilan University and later studied at the School for War Studies in Paris, where he received a M.A. in Strategic Studies.
Adam was born in Tel Aviv to a Mountain Jewish family. His father was General Yekutiel Adam, former Deputy Chief of Staff of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), who was killed during the Lebanon War on June 10, 1982. Adam graduated from Herzliya Hebrew High School, and was conscripted into the IDF in 1976.
Adam began his military service with the Israeli Armored Corps. Before becoming the Aluf in charge of the Northern Command in 2005, he was the Director of the Israeli Technological and Logistics Directorate. As head of the Northern Command, Adam led and coordinated Israeli forces against Hezbollah during the 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict. On August 8, 2006, IDF Deputy Chief of Staff Moshe Kaplinsky was surprisingly appointed to the Northern Command as a special representative of the Chief of Staff in response to criticism by the government over the Command's handling of the conflict. Adam announced his resignation on September 13, amid continuing criticism of the war's conduct.
Adam has a BA in psychology and sociology from Bar-Ilan University, and an MA in strategic studies from the École Militaire staff college in Paris. He lives in Yavne, and is married with three children.
- Katz, Yaakov. "Security and Defense: Udi Adam's war[permanent dead link]", The Jerusalem Post, July 20, 2006. Accessed July 28, 2006.
- Greenberg, Hanan. "IDF officials: Maj. Gen. Adam must quit post after war", Ynet News, August 9, 2006.
- "Israel General quits over Lebanon", BBC News, September 13, 2006. Retrieved September 13, 2006.
- Opall-Rome, Barbara (12 April 2016). "Udi Adam Tapped to Head Israel's MoD, Replacing Dan Harel". Defense News. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- (in Hebrew) Video of Adam's appointment .wmv
|This biographical article related to the military of Israel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|