Nursing College in Udma
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Udma had a population of 8144. Males constitute 46% of the population and females 54%. Udma has an average literacy rate of 75%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 80%, and female literacy is 71%. In Udma, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Udma assembly constituency is part of Kasaragod (Lok Sabha constituency). Udma is an adjustant place to Kasaragod. Famous for multicultural harmony expressed in different festivals like Theyyam, Pooram, Arrattu, etc. Pristine beaches and unpolluted long sandy sea shores running southwards to famous Bekel Fort.
- District: Kasargod
- Taluk/Tehsil: Hosdurg
- Block: Kanhangad
- Assembly Constituency: Udma
- Parliament Constituency: Kasargod
- Police Station: Bekal
- Post Office: 671 319
- Telephone Exchange: udma. 0467
- Nearest Railway Station: Kottikulam
Major Organizations in Udma
- SI-MET Nursing College
- The Lalit beach Resort
- Vivanta Taj Beach Resort
- Bank Of Baroda, Uduma
- State Bank of India, Uduma
- Syndicate Bank, Uduma
- Vijaya Bank, Uduma
- Federal Bank, Uduma
- Dhanlaxmi Bank, Uduma
- Indian Overseas Bank, Uduma
- udma speciality nursing Home,udma
- post office,udma
- Ranjees theatre,udma
- Govt. food craft institute,udma
- Sri Ramachandra Ayurvedics,Ak road
Well known persons
Local roads have access to NH.66 which connects to Mangalore in the north and Calicut in the south. The nearest railway station is Kottikulam on Mangalore-Palakkad line. There are airports at Mangalore and Calicut.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies" (PDF). Kerala. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2009. Retrieved 18 October 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Udma.|
|This article related to a location in Kasaragod district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|