Uedem is a municipality in the district of Cleves, in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is located near the border to the Netherlands.
Uedem, catholique church: Pfarrkirche Sankt Laurentius
Division of the town
Uedem consists of 4 districts
- 5th century Frankish nobleman Odo/Udo started settlement in the area
- 866 first official mentioning as "odeheimero marca"
- 1359 gained town privileges
- 1359 liberation out of the dependency towards Xanten - "Treaty Of Xanten"
- 1794 - 1814 French occupation
- 1798 loss of town privileges
- World War II heavily destroyed (85%) in several air raids as well as ground operation