Ufa International Airport
Ufa International Airport
Международный аэропорт Уфа
Ufa International Airport
|Operator||Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Ufa International Airport"|
|Serves||Ufa, Bashkortostan, Russia|
|Elevation AMSL||137 m / 449 ft|
Bashkortostan in Russia
Ufa International Airport (Russian: Международный аэропорт Уфа, Mezhdunarodnyy aeroport Ufa/Meždunarodný aeroport Ufa, Bashkir: Өфө халыҡ-ара аэропорты, Öfö xalıq-ara aeroportı) (IATA: UFA, ICAO: UWUU) is the primary airport serving Ufa, the capital of Bashkortostan, Russia.
In 2017, the airport handled 2,810,000 passengers, becoming the tenth largest airport in Russia and the largest airport in Russia's Volga Federal District. It is also the largest airport in the federal subject (republic) of the Republic of Bashkortostan.
On 11 May 1924 the building of the first aircraft hangar near Glumilino village has been completed and on 15 May is opened new club of the aviation within the Bashkirian branch of AFFVS. In 1933 the first ever route opens encompassing over 730 km via Ufa–Sterlitamak–Meleuz–Mrakovo–Baymak–Magnitogorsk–Beloretsk–Ufa. In 1956 Ufa Airport had begun performing technical maintenance of the Yakovlev Yak-12 airplanes and Mil Mi-1 helicopters, which were serving the Bashkirian air routes at that time. Between 1959 and 1962 the airport was under reconstruction and 3 hotel buildings, cargo and fuel storage facilities, a 100-seated dining hall and a garage were built. Also, a new runway was built, as well as radio approach equipment for landing under heavy weather conditions and new radar facilities. The new runway was then capable of receiving Tupolev Tu-124, Antonov An-10 and Ilyushin Il-18 aircraft. In 1964 a new terminal for 400 passengers per hour was built and put in operation. In 2007 the reconstructed terminal of the airport entered into operation. The area of the air terminal has increased more than twice. At the moment many departments are located there. There have been mounted 4 telescopic ramps, 4 elevators and 3 escalators. It is gives the opportunity to serve 600 passengers per hour.
Airlines and destinations
The city bus lines No. 101 and 110 connect the airport with the city of Ufa.
- List of the busiest airports in Russia
- List of the busiest airports in the former USSR
- List of the busiest airports in Europe
- Airport guide for the Ufa International Airport
- Airport information for UWUU at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport information for UWUU at Great Circle Mapper.
- Airport information for Ufa International Airport at Search (for) Travel website.
- Bashkirian Airlines v. Federal Republic of Germany (in German). District Court of Kostanz. Retrieved on September 11, 2011. "BASHKIRIAN AIRLINES vertreten durch d. Generaldirektoren Flughafen d. Stadt UFA, Russische Föderation, 450056 Russland-UFA"
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-11-30. Retrieved 2012-11-29.
- "Авиарейсы из Иркутска в Красноярск и Мирный запустят с 5 января". IrkutskMedia.ru. PrimaMedia. 28 December 2014. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- Liu, Jim (15 March 2018). "AtlasGlobal adds new Russian scheduled charters in S18". Routesonline. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- «Уфа». "Schedule". Международный аэропорт.
- "Из аэропорта "Уфа" возобновляются прямые рейсы в Прагу". Ufa International Airport. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- Liu, Jim (26 July 2017). "Flydubai expands Russia service in W17". Routesonline. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- Liu, Jim (7 September 2018). "Georgian Airways adds new routes in S19". Routesonline. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- "Flight Search". pegasys.pegast.ru.
- Liu, Jim (13 April 2018). "Onur Air expands Russia charters from Antalya in S18". Routesonline. Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- "Расписание — ГУП Оренбургской области «Международный аэропорт «Оренбург»". www.orenairport.ru. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
- Liu, Jim (12 April 2017). "Red Wings adds new routes in S17". Routesonline. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Russia, Novosibirsk, Tolmachevo (OVB) <-> Russia, Ufa (UFA)". S7.ru. S7 Airlines. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- Liu, Jim (20 August 2018). "S7 Airlines adds new St. Petersburg routes in 2018/19". Routesonline. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- Гиззатуллин, Азат. "Уфу и Ереван летом свяжут прямые авиарейсы". ufa.rbc.ru. РБК. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Turkish Airlines to fully move to Istanbul New in late 4Q18". ch-aviation.com. 16 October 2018. Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- Liu, Jim (6 April 2017). "UTair plans new regional routes from Ufa in May 2017". Routesonline. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- OF THE INFORMATION AGENCY BASHINFORM
- Liu, Jim (19 April 2018). "UVT aero adds new seasonal Batumi service in S18". Routesonline. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- Стали известны 15 крупнейших в 2017 (19 January 2018). "году аэропортов России". Авиатранспортное обозрение (in Russian).
Media related to Ufa International Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Ufa International Airport (in English) (in Russian)
- Accident history for UFA at Aviation Safety Network
- Current weather for UWUU at NOAA/NWS