Ufo (Club, Berlin)
The Ufo (lit. UFO) was the first Acid House club in Berlin. It was the pioneer place for the Techno scene during the reunification. Club's residents and guests DJs included, among others, to Tanith, Jonzon, Rok, Dr. Motte, Mike van Dijk and the then 13-year-old Kid Paul.
The techno activists Achim Kohlenberger, Dimitri Hegemann and the former history student Carola Stoiber, founded the Ufo club in 1988 in West Berlin, in its first year it was located at the No. 6 Köpenicker Straße, in Kreuzberg, near Schlesisches Tor in the basement of an old residential building, that their electronic music label Interfisch had rented as headquarters. Originally they opened the club with the name Fischbüro'.
The basement room had a ladder for access and an improvised kitchen on the side of the building, it had a ceiling height of only about 6 ft 2.8in (1.90 meters) of space for up 100 people. In 1989, it hosted the after party celebration of the first Love Parade.
As the authorities discovered the club's illegal operation of acid house parties, the club moved and finally worked inside a former store building at the Großgörschenstraße in Schöneberg, just before the fall of the Wall in 1989. In the meantime, Ufo parties were set up in different places and the locations were usually given in hidden clues in the Saturday show The Big Beat hosted by Monika Dietl, from the SFB- teen radio station Radio 4U. In January 1990 the DJ Tanith established, his Wednesday regular show Cyberspace.
- Techno-DJs gaben Berlin einen Endlos-Rhythmus Berliner Morgenpost October 30, 2009 (German)
- Techno - Entwicklungen und Erscheinungsformen einer Jugendkultur Work for the Proseminar "Communication and Media Law: Youth and Media"(German)
- Plötzlich war jeden Tag Party Tagesspiegel November 8, 2009 (German)
-  Robb, David (2002) Techno in Germany: Its Musical Origins and Cultural Relevance
- Ein Geheimzirkel erobert die Welt - Die Pioniertage des Techno From Zeitgeschichten on Spiegel-Online (German)
- Mit ignoranter Coolness Berliner Zeitung November 7, 2009 (German)
- Sechs Jahre Tresor Records De:Bug (German)
- Die ganze Stadt schreit »Party!« Die Zeit May 23, 2007 (German)
- Dimitri Hegemann - Past, Present, Future Raveline October 28, 2009 (German)
- Techno-Club Tresor: Die Stahltür fällt zu Der Spiegel April 15, 2005 (German)
- Eine 20-jährige Ost-West-Reise The European November 18, 2009 (German)
- Chaosradio Express 136 Interview with Tanith about Techno in Chaosradio (German)
- Tanith in the Intro-Künsterbiografie (German)
- Boom boom boom: Techno in Germany after the Wall
- Sie feiern schon wieder 9. Geburtstag? Interview with Carola Stoiber, Berliner Zeitung, September 16, 2000 (German)