|Genres||Experimental metal, sludge metal, psychedelic rock, doom metal|
|Labels||Neurot Recordings, Supernatural Cat, Rocket Recordings, The Music Cartel, Beard of Stars|
Hailing from Italy, Ufomammut is a psychedelic sludge metal trio formed in 1999 in Italy by Poia, Urlo and Vita. The band has cultivated a unique sound by playing lengthy songs built on heavily repeated riffs with droning vocals and a large use of effects and sound manipulation. The band's music is based largely on long sludgy riffs reminiscent of Electric Wizard and a heavy use of psychedelic effects.
Ufomammut released their first album, Godlike Snake, under Beard of Stars Records in 2000. This was followed in 2004 by the release of Snailking, their second full-length release. Snailking was subsequently reissued by Supernatural Cat Records in 2009. In 2007 the band recorded Supernaturals: Record One with Lento. Ufomammut's fourth album, Idolum was released in 2008.
In 2010 the band released Eve, their fifth album. Eve consists of one 45-minute atmospheric track, divided into five distinctive movements; it depicts Eve as a figure reminiscent of both Lucifer (in her rebellion against God) and Prometheus (in bringing knowledge to humanity). At 44:44, the album is similar to Idolum, layered with sludgy heavy riffing and yet also bearing some of the calmer, more reflective passages found on their Lucifer Songs LP.
ORO is Ufomammut's latest work, divided into ten movements, delivered in two separate pieces during 2012: the first chapter, Opus Primum, in April, and the second, Opus Alter, in September. The concepts behind ORO are expansive and multi-faceted, mutating the Italian palindrome which translates to “gold” with the Latin translation of “I pray.” ORO’s two chapters can be considered as a single track, as the last part of Opus Primum is able to flow easily into Opus Alter.
Ufomammut have made continual appearances at Roadburn, and have appeared at European festivals such as Hellfest, Asymmetry, Dour Festival, Ieper Fest, Stoned from the Underground, South of Mainstream, Festival d’Affaire, Metalride fest and have engaged in intermittent regional European touring. Ufomammut made their American live debut in 2009, when they undertook a US west coast mini-tour.
Ufomammut will embark on their first full North American tour in 2015.
- 2000 - Godlike Snake
- 2004 - Snailking
- 2005 - Lucifer Songs
- 2008 - Idolum - Album LP/CD - SupernaturalCat
- 2010 - Eve LP/CD - Supernatural Cat 
- 2012 - Oro: Opus Primum LP/CD - Neurot Recordings 
- 2012 - Oro: Opus Alter LP/CD - Neurot Recordings
- 2015 - Ecate LP/CD - Neurot Recordings
- 2007 - Supernaturals: Record One with Lento - CD - SupernaturalCat
- 2005 - Lucifer Songs DVD - Supernatural Cat
- 2010 - Eve DVD - Supernatural Cat
- 2012 - Oro DVD
- 2014 - XV DVD
- 2009 - Snailking double LP - Supernatural Cat
- 2000 - Stone Deaf Forever!
- 2000 - Blue Explosion - tribute to Blue Cheer
- 2001 - The Mob's New Plan
- Sleeping Shaman interview
- Zennaoro, Danile (17 April 2014). "Ufomammut, come inseguire un sogno". La Repubblica (in Italian) (Gruppo Editoriale L'Espresso). Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "UFOmammut Biography". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- Malleus Artistic Collective
- Dead Sparrow interview
- Eve press release at StonerRock.com
- Ufomammut Confirms "Oro: Opus Primum" Album Details