|Founded||January 29, 2001|
|Founder||Pakistan Telecommunication Company Ltd|
|Headquarters||Ufone Tower, Blue Area,|
All National Highways
|Mr. Rashid Khan, CEO|
|Products||Pre Pay, Post Pay, UPaisa|
|Revenue||Rs.25 billion PKR (2012).|
|Rs.25 billion PKR (2012)|
|Rs.2.5 billion PKR (2012)|
|Parent||Pakistan Telecommunication Company Ltd|
Pak Telecom Mobile Limited or Ufone (Urdu: یوفون) is a Pakistani GSM cellular service provider. It was the third mobile operator to enter Pakistani market. It started its operations under the brand name of Ufone, in Islamabad on January 29, 2001.
The company commenced its operations, under the brand name of Ufone, from Islamabad on January 29, 2001. Ufone became a part of the Emirates Telecommunication Corporation Group (Etisalat) in 2006.
Radio Frequency Summary
|900 MHz||GSM/GPRS/EDGE||2G||7.6 MHz (2.6 MHz where refarmed 5 MHz for 3G)|
|1800 MHz||GSM/GPRS/EDGE||2G||5 MHz out of total 6 MHz refarmed for LTE|
|900 MHz||UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+||8||3G||5 MHz (in select areas)|
|2100 MHz||UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+||1||3G||5 MHz|
|1800 MHz||LTE||3||4G||5 MHz|
Ufone had bid on a 5 MHz block of 2100 MHz spectrum in the NGMS auction held in early 2014, however due to rising demand and lack of bandwidth to keep up, in December 2016, Ufone decided to re-farm a portion of its 900 MHz 2G network to 3G (HSPA+), and is now offering 3G over two frequencies to deal with the increasing load on the network. Ufone has only re-farmed their 900 MHz spectrum in Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Abbotabad, Sheikhupura and Sialkot.
On 9th February 2019, Ufone launched it's LTE network in the twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi. It has done so using existing NGMS licenses. Ufone has now expanded its LTE coverage to Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta and Nowshehra with planning to launch LTE in more cities soon.
Ufone has won Best Telecommunication Service Provider Award at 2012 PAS Awards by Pakistan Advertisers Society.
- "Ufone revenues post modest growth of 6% in 1HFY12". thenewstribe.com.
- "Mobile Phone Users in Pakistan Reach 136.5 Million". propakistani.pk.
- "Telecommunications: Zong overtakes Ufone as CMOs' market share changes". The Express Tribune.
- "Ufone Upgrades and Doubles its 3G Network Through Spectrum Refarming". 2017-01-25. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Ufone Upgrades its 3G Network in Karachi". 2017-03-30. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- Attaa, Aamir. "Ufone is Going 4G/LTE in Pakistan". Retrieved 2019-02-09.