High Commission of Uganda, London
|High Commission of Uganda|
|Address||58-59 Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DX|
|Ambassador||H.E. Prof. Joyce Kakuramatsi Kikafunda|
The High Commission of Uganda in London is the diplomatic mission of Uganda in the United Kingdom. It is located in Uganda House, next to Admiralty Arch on Trafalgar Square; it shares the building with the Embassy of Burundi and a Consulate of Ecuador.
In 2011 a protest was held outside by High Commission by diaspora Ugandans opposed to the Presidency of Yoweri Museveni. and also in 2012 by people opposed to the Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Bill.
In 2012 it was revealed that two staff at the High Commission were being investigated for suspected smuggling and tax evasion.
- "The London Diplomatic List" (PDF). 14 December 2013.
- "Ugandan demonstration for Ugandans in diaspora, outside Uganda House". 11 May 2011.
- "London protest calling on Uganda to drop anti-LGBT Bill". 10 December 2012.
- Alleyne, Richard (21 July 2012). "Ugandan High Commission's former staff under investigation for tax evasion". The Daily Telegraph (London).
- http://www.london.mofa.go.ug/ Official website]
|This Uganda-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a London building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|