Uganda Martyrs University School of Medicine
|Dean||Professor Paul D'Arbela|
|Location||Nsambya, Kampala, Uganda
|Affiliations||Uganda Martyrs University|
Uganda Martyrs University School of Medicine (UMUSM), whose official name is Mother Kevin Postgraduate Medical School (MKPMS), is the school of medicine of Uganda Martyrs University. As of June 2014[update], the medical school is the newest medical school in Uganda, having been established in 2010. Currently the school provides postgraduate medical education in the disciplines of Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics/Gynecology and Emergency Medicine.
The school's campus is located on Nsambya Hill, in southern Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest metropolis, approximately 5 kilometres (3.1 mi), south of the central business district of the city. The school is housed on the premises of St. Francis Hospital Nsambya, a faith based not-for-profit hospital owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kampala. The coordinates of the school are:0°18'06.0"N 32°35'07.0"E (Latitude:0.301667; Longitude:32.585289).
UMU School of Medicine is the school of medicine of Uganda Martyrs University, with headquarters at Nkozi, Mpigi District. Established in 2010, the school is headed by the Dean. The current dean is Professor Paul D'Arbela. The clinical teaching disciplines of the medical school are integrated with St. Francis Hospital Nsambya, a 540-bed community hospital owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kampala and is administered by the Little Sisters of St. Francis.
As of February 2015, the following departments constituted Uganda Martyrs University School of Medicine: 1. Department of Internal Medicine 2. Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology 3. Department of Pediatrics & Child Health 4. Department of Surgery and 5. Department of Emergency Medicine.
Currently there are no undergraduate courses offered at UMU School of Medicine.
The following postgraduate courses are offered at Uganda Martyrs University School of Medicine:
- Master of Medicine (MMed) - A clinical degree awarded following three years of instruction and examination in any of the following specialties: (a) Internal Medicine (b) Obstetrics and Gynecology (c) Pediatrics (d) Emergency Medicine and (e) Surgery.
- Education in Uganda
- Paul D'Arbela
- Charles Olweny
- Uganda Martyrs University
- List of universities in Uganda
- List of medical schools in Uganda
- List of hospitals in Uganda
- Ssenkabirwa, Al Mahdi (5 April 2010). "Nkozi Links Up With Nsambya Hospital". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- UMU, . (February 2015). "Uganda Martyrs University - Mother Kevin Postgraduate Medical School Nsambya: Application Form for the Master of Medicine Course" (PDF). Uganda Martyrs University (UMU). Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Nsambya With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Uganda Martyrs University School of Medicine At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- ., . (19 November 2010). "Master Course of Medicine Begins At Nsambya". Spesalvifoundation.org. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- UMUSM, . (2014). "Mother Kevin Postgraduate Medical School: Academic Programs". Uganda Martyrs University School of Medicuine (UMUSM). Retrieved 11 May 2015.