Ministry of Health (Uganda)
Coat of Arms of Uganda
|Jurisdiction||Government of Uganda|
|Headquarters||6 Lourdel Road,
The Ministry of Health is a cabinet-level government ministry of Uganda. It is responsible for planning, delivering, and maintaining an efficient and effective healthcare delivery system, including preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services, in a humane, affordable, and sustainable manner. The ministry is headed by Minister of Health Jane Aceng.
The headquarters of the ministry are located at Plot 6 Lourdel Road, in the Wandegeya neighborhood, Kampala Central Division, in Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city, about 2.5 kilometres (2 mi) north of the city's business district. The coordinates of the building are 0°19'59.0"N, 32°34'39.0"E (Latitude:0.333044; Longitude:32.577486).
- State Minister for Health (General Duties) - Sarah Achieng Opendi
- State Minister for Primary Healthcare - Joyce Moriku.
- Ainebyoona, Emmanuel (1 July 2016). "Squabbles, scandals make health sector sick - Minister". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- Globefeed.com (16 July 2016). "Distance between Post Office Building, Kampala Road, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda and Lourdel Road, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- Google (16 July 2016). "Location of the Headquarters of Uganda's Ministry of Health, 6 Lourdel Road, Kampala" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- Uganda State House (6 June 2016). "Museveni's new cabinet list At 6 June 2016" (PDF). Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- Solomon Arinaitwe, Emmanuel Ainebyoona, Allan Chekwech, and Felix Warom Okello (8 June 2016). "Who are the new faces in Museveni's Cabinet?: Dr Joyce Moriku". Daily Monitor Mobile. Kampala. Retrieved 16 July 2016.