Uganda Pentecostal University
|Location||Fort Portal, Uganda
00 39 44N, 30 15 58E
The main campus of the university is located in the town of Fort Portal, Kabarole District, in Western Uganda, approximately 320 kilometres (200 mi), by road, west of Kampala, Uganda's capital city. This location is approximately 1 kilometre (0.62 mi), by road, west of downtown Fort Portal, on the road to Bwamba. The coordinates of the main campus are:0°39'44.0"N, 30°15'58.0"E (Latitude:0.662222; Longitude:30.266111).
The university started operating in 2001 as the Grotius School of Law and Professional Studies, with a campus in Mengo, a neighborhood in Lubaga Division in western Kampala, Uganda's capital city. The school initially operated as part of another university. In 2004, the school was advised by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE) to apply for a separate license. After disagreements between the university and UNCHE were settled in court, the UNHCE licensed the university on 9 August 2005.
- Education in Uganda
- Fort Portal
- Western Region, Uganda
- List of universities in Uganda
- List of university leaders
- Natukunda, Carol (14 July 2007). "Four More Universities Approved". New Vision. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Fort Portal With Distance Indicator". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Uganda Pentecostal University At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Nsambu, Hillary (21 July 2005). "NCHE, Fort Portal Varsity Case Starts". New Vision. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Nsambu, Hillary (31 July 2005). "Court Clears Pentecostal Varsity". New Vision. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- UNCHE. "Private Universities: Uganda Pentecostal University". Uganda National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE). Retrieved 20 July 2014.