Uganda Revenue Authority
- For the Kampala soccer team please see Uganda Revenue Authority SC.
|Jurisdiction||Government of Uganda|
|Headquarters||Nakawa, Kampala, Uganda|
|Parent agency||Uganda Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning|
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) is a government revenue collection agency established by the Parliament of Uganda. The URA is responsible for enforcing, assessing, collecting, and accounting for the various taxes imposed in Uganda.
Allen Kagina was charged with eliminating corruption in the URA when she was appointed commissioner general in 2004. Minister of Information Rose Namayanja said, "Under the leadership of Ms Allen Kagina, we have successfully cleaned URA and tax collections on a year-to-year basis have gone up. The situation is not as bad as it used to be." According to the Daily Monitor, this view was shared by the President of Uganda.
On 27 October 2014, Uganda's Finance Minister, Maria Kiwanuka, appointed lawyer Doris Akol as commissioner general for the next five years. She replaced Kagina, who retired after two consecutive five-year terms at the helm of the URA.
- Bank of Uganda
- Economy of Uganda
- Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
- Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority
- National Social Security Fund (Uganda)
- Kanaabi, Michael (8 June 2015). "URA Boss Doris Akol Promotes Transparency". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- Lumu, David (2014). "Kagina’s Job: URA Board Speaks Out". New Vision Mobile. Kampala. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- "About Uganda Revenue Authority". Uganda Revenue Authority. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- "Location of URA Headquarters at Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- Mugerwa, Yasiin (10 April 2014). "AG unearths graft At URA". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- Monitor, Reporter (27 October 2014). "Doris Akol Appointed Kagina's Replacement At URA". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- Yasiin Mugerwa, and Ismail Musa Ladu (24 July 2014). "URA Boss Kagina Leaves Office This October". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- Auditor General‘s Graft Report Unfair, Says URA
- Uganda Revenue Authority Targets US$3.2 Billion (UGX: 8 Trillion) In Tax Collections for Financial Year 2013/2014
- URA Given USh9.8 Trillion (USD: 3.9 Billion) Target for 2014/2015 Financial Year
- Uganda Income Tax Calculator
- Uganda Revenue Authority Website
- Automation of customs clearance ranks Uganda with the best in trade