Uganda Senior Command and Staff College
The Uganda Senior Command and Staff College (USCSC) is a training facility for senior commanders in the Uganda People's Defense Force (UPDF), including the army, air force, and special forces.
The facility is located in Kimaka, a suburb of the city of Jinja, approximately 86 kilometres (53 mi), by road, east of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. This location is adjacent to Jinja Airport, the civilian and military airport that serves the city of Jinja. The coordinates of Kimaka are 0°27'09.0"N, 33°11'55.0"E (Latitude:0.452490; Longitude:33.198600).
The college was established in 2003. The first commandant was Major General Benon Biraaro. The first group of students was admitted in 2004 to attend the senior command course that lasted one year. The first officers to graduate from the college included some of the most senior leaders of the UPDF. The course has been given every year since and has been attended by the majority of the senior commanders in the UPDF. As of February 2010, the commandant of USCSC was Lieutenant General Andrew Gutti.
The most popular and widely attended course is the senior command course, conducted annually. The course is attended by senior offers from the UPDF and by senior military officers from other African countries including Kenya, Tanzania, South Sudan and Rwanda. Other courses, including strategic courses in peacekeeping, have been in the planning stages.
- Elly Tumwine - Former Commander of the UPDF
- Salim Saleh - Former Commander of the UPDF
- David Sejusa - Former Director of National Intelligence, Uganda
- Elly Kayanja - Deputy Director of National Intelligence, Uganda
- Nobel Mayombo - Former Permanent Secretary, Uganda Ministry of Defense
- Julius Oketta - Member of Parliament, Director of National Emergency Coordination and Operations. Member of Advisory Group of United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund
- Peter Kerim - Deputy Director of the External Security Organization
- Shaban Bantariza - Deputy Executive Director, Uganda Media Centre
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Jinja With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Google. "Location of Kimaka At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Bita, George (5 May 2007). "EAC Chief Advises On Kimaka". New Vision. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Emmy Allio, and Maurice Okore (4 August 2005). "30 Officers Pass Out At Kimaka College". New Vision. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Mukasa, Henry (31 December 2007). "39 UPDF Officers Go for Training". New Vision. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Kasasira, Risdel (2 February 2010). "Museveni Shakes Up Top Army Command". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Musingo, Doreen (29 November 2009). "Jeje Odongo Cautions Kimaka Graduands Against HIV". New Vision. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Kakamwa, Charles (27 November 2006). "UK To Set Up Strategic Studies Centre". New Vision. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Ahimbisibwe, Fortunate (6 September 2005). "Kimaka Graduates Report On Friday". New Vision. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Allio, Emmy (21 August 2005). "Tumwine Re-appointed Court Boss". New Vision. Retrieved 24 June 2014.