|Full name||Ugo Grappasonni|
8 May 1922|
|Died||16 February 1999(aged 76)|
|Best results in major championships
|The Open Championship||T17: 1954|
Grappasonni was born in Rome and was one of the leading golfers in Italy, winning his national open twice, in 1950 and 1954, and the National Omnium on four occasions. He also won the French, Dutch and Swiss Opens, the latter twice. His son, Silvio, is also a professional golfer.
Grappasonni was also a teaching professional at the Villa d'Este Golf Club. Along with Aldo Casera and Alfonso Angelini he founded the Professional Golfer's Association of Italy in 1962. The three men were known as the "three musketeers".
- 1941 Italian National Omnium
- 1948 Swiss Open
- 1949 French Open
- 1950 Italian Open
- 1952 Swiss Open
- 1953 Moroccan Open, Open del Ticino
- 1954 Dutch Open, Italian Open, Italian National Omnium
- 1955 Italian National Omnium
- 1957 Italian National Omnium
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship||CUT||28||DNP||T19||DNP||T27||T17||T41|
Note: The Open Championship was the only major Grappasonni played.
DNP = Did not play
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" = tied
- Canada Cup (representing Italy): 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1959
- Joy Cup: (representing the Rest of Europe): 1954, 1955, 1956