From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Uhuru or uhuru in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Uhuru is a Swahili word meaning freedom in English.
Uhuru may refer to:
- MV Uhuru, a Lake Victoria ferry in East Africa
- Uhuru, a name given to one of the 60 class locomotives of the East African Railways
- Uhuru Hamiter (born 1973), American football player
- Uhuru Kenyatta (born 1961), Kenyan politician
- Uhuru Movement, a black power movement in the United States
- Uhuru Park in Nairobi
- Uhuru Peak on Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest point in Africa
- Uhuru (satellite), the first satellite launched specifically for the purpose of X-ray astronomy
- Uhuru (Tanzanian ward), a ward in Tanzania
- Uhuru Torch, a national symbol of Tanzania
- Uhuru (wholefoods shop), an early Third World importing enterprise in Oxford
- Uhuru Design, a Brooklyn-based design and build sustainable furniture company
- Uhuru (album), a 1992 album by Osibisa
- Uhuru (music group), a South African music group
- Uhuru, a 1962 novel by American author Robert Ruark
- Uhuru, a record label set up in 1971 by Roy Cousins
- Uhura, a character in Star Trek
- Uluru, a landform in Australia
- Black Uhuru, a reggae band
- Harambee, another Swahili word which has seen considerable popular use because it connotes higher principles important to humanity.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Uhuru.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.