Uinta Brewing Company
|Headquarters||Salt Lake City, Utah, USA|
Uinta Brewing Company is a craft brewery founded in 1993 in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. The company produces a range of beers, naming them after Utah's cultural and natural icons. As of 2016, Uinta was the 39th-largest craft brewery in the country.
Uinta brewing company began brewing beer in the winter of 1993 in a renovated mechanics garage in Salt Lake City, Utah. Their flagship beer was Cutthroat Pale Ale, named after Utah's State Fish. This was followed by King's Peak Porter, named after Utah's highest peak; Golden Spike Hefeweizen, named after the spike used to commemorate the completion of the transcontinental railroad, which was completed in Utah; and Dubhe, named after the Utah Centennial star.
Financing and growth
In August 2014, Uinta announced that it sold a percentage of the company to New York-based private equity firm The Riverside Company for an undisclosed amount. Uinta CEO Will Hamill stated that the capital raised would be used to hire new employees, and expand beyond the Salt Lake City region.
Year Round Brews
- Cutthroat Pale Ale/Uinta Pale Ale 4% ABV
- Hop Nosh IPA 7.3% ABV
- Hop Nosh Tangerine IPA 7.3% ABV
- Detour Double IPA 9.5% ABV
- Golden Ale 5% ABV
- Pils Pilsner 5% ABV
- Baba Black Lager 4% ABV
- Ready Set Gose 4% ABV
- Piggy Back Session Peach IPA 4% ABV
- 801 Pilsner 4% ABV
- Wyld Simcoe Session Ale 4% ABV
- Golden Spike Hefeweizen 4% ABV
- Trader Session IPA 4% ABV
- Hoodoo Kolsch Golden Ale 4% ABV
- Bristlecone Brown Ale 4% ABV
- Yardsale Winter Lager 4% ABV
- Season Pass Vanilla Porter 4% ABV
- Rise & Pine Hoppy Dark Ale 7.5% ABV
- Farmside Saison 5.6% ABV
- Punk'n Pumpkin Ale 4% ABV
- Flamingose Pineapple Gose 4% ABV
Limited Small-Batch Brews
- Anniversary Barley Wine 10.4% ABV
- Dubhe Imperial Black IPA 9.2% ABV
- Monkshine Belgian Style Blonde Ale 6% ABV
- Fest Helles German Style Lager 5.7% ABV
- 801 Coffee Pilsner 4% ABV
- Cutthroat+ Winter Pale Ale 4% ABV
- Cockeyed Cooper
- Birthday Suit
Brett (Brettanomyces) Brews
- Funk'n Patch Pumpkin Ale 8% ABV
- Croggy Saison 6.8% ABV
- Sea Legs Baltic Porter 8.2% ABV
- Hopscursion IPA 6.5% ABV
- Kings Peak
- Skipping Stone
- "Our Story". Uinta Brewing Company. 13 April 2011. Retrieved 2 December 2011.
- Murphy, Regina (2015-03-07). "Salt Lake City brews up hoppy goodness". The Emporia Gazette.
- "BREWERS ASSOCIATION RELEASES TOP 50 BREWERIES OF 2016". Brewers Association. 15 March 2017.
- Snyder, John (2002-01-15). "Utah Brewery Chooses 100% Wind Power". GreenBiz. Retrieved 2018-01-20.
- Furnari, Chris (2014-08-28). "Uinta Sells Partial Ownership to Private Equity Firm". Brewbound.
- Canada, Hillary & Rizzo, Lillian (2014-09-03). "Uinta Brewing Taps Riverside Co. to Help Sell Suds Beyond Salt Lake". Wall Street Journal.
- Eisenberg, David (2015-03-10). "Uinta Brewing Expands Distribution Throughout Midwest". Brewbound.
- "Hop Notch IPA - Uinta Brewing Company". BeerAdvocate.com. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|