From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Area||80 km2 (31 sq mi)|
|Pop. density||200 /km2 (500 /sq mi)|
- Detailed map of Ukerewe and Ukara islands
- Mwanza Guide commented photo gallery of Ukara Island
- "Bukara", New York Times, June 20, 1920. Article on Ukara Island's economy.
- "The Lesson of Ukara", E. Berton Spence, The Free Market (Ludwig von Mises Institute monthly), December 1999.
- "Slavery in Africa: historical and anthropological perspectives", edited by Suzanne Miers and Igor Kopytoff, Univ of Wisconsin Press, 1979, pp. 263, 276.
- "The African husbandman", William Allan, LIT Verlag, 2004, pp. 199-206.
- Tanzania: crisis and struggle for survival", Jannik Boesen, Nordic Africa Institute, 1986, pp. 109-110.