Location on Ukerewe in Mwanza Region.
Ukerewe District is one of the eight districts of the Mwanza Region of Tanzania. It is located on Ukerewe Island, Ukara Island and other neighbouring islands within Lake Victoria. The largest settlement and the district's administrative capital is Nansio. As of 2002[update], the population of Ukerewe District was 261,944. By 2012, the official population of Ukerewe District was 345,147.
There is a small hotel and a guest house on the island.
For parliamentary elections, Tanzania is divided into constituencies. As of the 2010 elections Ukerewe District had one constituency:
- Ukerewe Constituency
Ukerewe District is administratively divided into divisions.
As of 2002[update], Ukerewe District was administratively divided into twenty-five wards: Bukanda, Bukiko, Bukindo, Bukongo, Bukungu, Bwiro, Bwisya, Igalla, Ilangala, Irugwa, Kagera, Kagunguli, Kakerege, Kakuru Mukituntu, Muriti, Murutunguru, Nakatunguru, Namagondo, Namilembe, Nansio, Nduruma, Ngoma, Nkilizya, and Nyamanga.
- Ukerewe District (Approved) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- "2002 Population and Housing Census: General Report: Mwanza: Ukerewe". Archived from the original on 22 June 2004.
- "Census 2012". National Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- "Tourist Map of Ukerewe Island".
- "Organisations located in Mwanza Region - Tanzania". African Development Information.