Ukrainian Football Amateur Association
|Асоціація аматорського футболу України|
|Formation||2 March 1998|
|Founder||Football Federation of Ukraine|
|Type||sports organization (association football)|
|Purpose||Organization of amateur football competitions|
|Headquarters||FFU House of Football|
|Conference (once in four years)|
|Affiliations||Football Federation of Ukraine|
The Association of Amateur Football of Ukraine (Ukrainian: Асоціація аматорського футболу України, AAFU) is a sports organization that administers national competitions of association football among amateur and children teams. AAFU is a collective member of the Football Federation of Ukraine.
It was established 2 March 1998 and under the association agreement between the Football Federation of Ukraine and the Association, it is authorized to organize the All-Ukrainian National Football Championship and Cup tournaments amongst amateur football teams. The football championship is considered the fourth level of national competition and is the premier competitions for amateur clubs (professionally non-licensed). Current president of the AAFU is Fedir Shpyh.
The competitions has taken place since 1964. Previously the competitions were administered directly by one of the Football Federation of Ukraine committees'. Since 1998 the championship is being organized by the Ukrainian Amateur Football Association.
Teams at the UEFA Regions' Cup
In 1999–2015, AAFU used to provide a team for UEFA Regions' Cup. It was usually a champion of the championship, but there were some exclusions to the rule. The teams did not represent any region in Ukraine, but rather represented Ukrainian amateur football in general.
Teams that represented Ukraine at the Regions Cup:
- 1999 – Ukrainian national amateur team, Kiev
- 2001 – Dnister Ovidiopol
- 2003 – Pivdenstal Yenakiive
- 2005 – KZEZO Kakhovka as Kakhovka-Kzeso (the Russian-like spelling)
- 2007 – Ivan Odessa
- 2009 – Bastion Illichivsk, was in fact Bastion-2 Illichivsk as the first team was playing at professional level
- 2011 – Yednist-2 Plysky, the first team FC Yednist Plysky at that time played at professional level
- 2013 – Nove Zhyttia - Putrivka, a united team of both finalists that represent two different regions
- 2015 – AF-Pyatykhatska Volodymyrivka
In 2016, Football Federation of Ukraine introduced a new separate tournament called FFU Regions' Cup among Ukrainian regions and not related to AAFU. First season, 2015–16 FFU Regions' Cup, was won by the team of Kirovohrad Oblast.
The Cup is organized between the Cup holders of the regional tournaments. Every play-off round consists of two legs including the final. The winner of the tournament is qualified for the Ukrainian Cup.
Leather Ball Club
All-Ukrainian competitions in association football for a prize of the Leather Ball Club in three age groups (among under-11, under-12, and under-13) for young footballers.
The main competition is known as the Coca-Cola Cup. The organizational committee is headed by former Soviet footballer from Ukraine Andriy Biba.
The winner of competitions qualify for the Danone Nations Cup.
- Ukrainian teams in the UEFA Regions' Cup. AAFU website.
- Kadenko: Amateur tournaments raise their level and authority (Каденко: "Аматорские турниры повышают свой уровень и авторитет"). Football.ua. 25 September 2012
- Official site (in Ukrainian)