|Founded||March 16, 1918|
|Headquarters||8/16, Bohdan Khmelnytskoho,
Kyiv, Ukraine, 01001 
|Oleksandr Detsyk |
|Owner||Cabinet of Ministers|
The National News Agency of Ukraine (Ukrainian: Українське національне інформаційне агентство) or Ukrinform (Ukrainian: Укрінформ) is a state information and news agency of Ukraine. It was founded in 1918 during the Ukrainian War of Independence as the Bureau of Ukrainian Press (BUP). The first director of the agency was Dmytro Dontsov.
The state agency was established as the Bureau of Ukrainian Press (BUP) in 1918, yet since then it went through series of reorganizations. During the Soviet period, it was associated with Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union (TASS).
- 1918 - Bureau of Ukrainian Press
- 1920 - All-Ukrainian bureau of the Russian Telegraph Agency (UkROSTA)
- 1921 - Radio-Telegraph Agency of Ukraine (RATAU)
- 1990 - Ukrainian National Informational Agency (UKRINFORM)
- 1996 - State Informational Agency of Ukraine (DINAU)
- 2000 - Ukrainian National Informational Agency (DINAU)
Ukrinform main objectives are: the coverage of public policy and public life in Ukraine and providing information to government bodies; according to a Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from February 19, 1997 the agency carries out its activities independently of political parties and public organizations.
Per day Ukrinform issues some 500 reports in English, German, Russian and Ukrainian and around 200 photos and audio digest. Ukrinform delivers information to the media, TV channels, radio stations, official establishments and local governments, foreign embassies and Ukrainian diplomatic missions abroad and foreign media.
- Ukrainian National News Agency UKRINFORM celebrates its 90th anniversary, National Radio Company of Ukraine (May 15, 2008)
- On March 1 the national news agency Ukrinform launched Ukraine's first Internet radio service, Government of Ukraine (March 2, 2005)
- "Official website. Contact Us. ("Kyiv" spelling)". Mar 2017.
- Official website
- (Ukrainian) Українському національному інформаційному агентству «Укрінформ» — 90 років. Вітаємо!, Телекритика (March 17, 2008)
- (Ukrainian) Resolution of July 15, 1997 #749, Government of Ukraine (March 2, 2005)
- THROUGH TRUTH AND OBJECTIVITY, Victor Chamara, Director General Ukrinform on the official website of Ukrinform
- National News Agency of Ukraine (English)
- National News Agency of Ukraine (Ukrainian)
- Agency's statute (Statement of the Cabinet of Ministers)
|This Ukrainian newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Ukrainian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|