|Public company (since 2015)|
|Industry||Postal and public services|
|Founded||1947 (member of Universal Postal Union and Soviet Post)|
|Headquarters||22 Khreshchatyk st, Kyiv, Ukraine; Post code: 01001|
|Ihor Smilianskyi (Director)|
|Services||Mail, express mail, parcel post, commercial delivery, freight forwarding, third-party logistics, transfer payment (utilities payments, subscriptions and pensions distribution, other money transfers)|
|Revenue||UA₴ 1,831 million (the first 6 months of 2015)|
Number of employees
|73 000 (including: mail carriers – 32 000; operators – 13 700; sorters – 2 600;) |
JSC Ukrainian Postal Service or Ukrposhta (Ukrainian: Укрпошта) is a public company of Ukraine with 100% state ownership due to its strategic importance. In 1999–2015 it was a unitary enterprise of the government of Ukraine. Ukrposhta is a member of Universal Postal Union since 1947 and owner of national stamp issuing enterprise "Ukraine Stamps" (Ukrainian: Марки України).
A postal service in Ukraine has been a member of Universal Postal Union (UPU) since 1947. It operated within the Soviet Ministry of Telecommunications (Administration of Postal Communication, Russian: Управление почтовой связи) as its republican branch on territory of the Ukrainian SSR and was centered in Moscow. The Ukrainian SSR did not have a separate system of telecommunications and was completely integrated within the "Soviet" (read Russian) system of telecommunications. As part of the Gorbachov reforms (perestroika and decentralization, see Union of Sovereign States), in 1991 in Soviet Ukraine was created Ukrtelecom which took over administration of all means of communication such as postal and signal.
In 1994 Ukrposhta started to operate as a separate business entity following the restructuring of Ukrtelecom, after which Ukrposhta is providing postal service, while Ukrtelecom is providing telephone and telegraph services.
In July 1998 "Ukrposhta" was reformed again on a government request.
In 2016 "Ukrposhta" revealed company overview and statistics of 2015:
- 27 Regional administrative directories;
- 12 000 post offices (including 9 000 in rural areas);
- 73 000 employees (Postmen – 32.0; operators −13.7; Sorters – 2.6)
- 200.9 million of postal items annual processing and delivery, including:
- 15.4 million insured items;
- 11.1 million orders;
- 74.0 million pensions delivered;
- Direct fetching to 15 million subscriber mailboxes;
- Subscription distribution: 500.7 million copies a year;
- Transporting 31 tons annually; total vehicles mileage covering 72 million km;
- "Ukrainian Postal Service Official Website".
- "Universal Postal Union. Member countries › Eastern Europe and Northern Asia › Ukraine".
- Cabinet appoints Ihor Smiliansky head of Ukrposhta, Interfax-Ukraine (20 April 2016)
- "Ukrainian Postal Service Official Website. Services".
- "20 most profitable companies of Ukraine in 2015. Infographics". 28 December 2015.
- "Ukrainian Postal Service Official Website. About. General information. Number of employees".
- Official Website
- Google Maps location
- Online tracking system
- Fee calculator (in Ukrainian)
- Chrome Tracking extensions
- Branch Locator List (in English)
- Branch Locator Map (in Ukrainian)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Post of Ukraine.|
|This Ukrainian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|