This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (June 2016)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Ukwuani people (also called Ndokwa Ethnic Nationality) are located in the southern part of Nigeria in the western part of the Niger Delta. Their origin is debated, with the dominant narrative being that they are from Benin. This has been challenged by Paul O. Opone, a lecturer at Delta State University, Abraka who argues that the evidence shows that they are of Igbo origin.
- Buchi (Nigerian comedian)
- Enebeli Elebuwa (Nollywood actor/producer
- Uti Nwachukwu (Model/actor, Winner Big Brother Africa III, 2008)
- Peter Odili (Former Executive Governor Of Rivers State, Ndoni, http://www.ndoniusa.org/history-of-ndoni.html)
- Sunday Oliseh (Nigerian Footballer)
- Patrick Osakwe (Politician/ Former Senator, Federal Republic of Nigeria)
- Friday Osanebi (Deputy Speaker, Delta State House Of Assembly)
- Emeka Ossai (Nollywood actor/producer/model)
- John Eke Uti (World Heavyweight Wrestler) a.k.a. Power Uti (World Heavyweight Champion from 1976 to 2011 Power Uti Cagematch database, Power Uti vs Drew Tossel video)
- Opone, Paul (2017). "Are the Ukwuanis Benin or Igbo? a study of origin and migration". UJAH: Unizik Journal of Arts and Humanities. 18.