Ulf Mark Schneider
Schneider was born and raised in Neuwied, Germany, and became a US citizen in 2003. He holds a doctorate in economics from the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland, and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Schneider was group finance director for Gehe UK plc., a pharmaceutical wholesale and retail distributor, in Coventry, England. Schneider held several senior executive positions starting in 1989 with Gehe's majority shareholder, Franz Haniel & Cie. GmbH, a diversified German industrial company.
Schneider joined Fresenius in November 2001, when he was appointed chief financial officer of Fresenius Medical Care. From May 2003 until June 2016 he served as CEO of the parent company Fresenius. Under Schneider's leadership of Fresenius, the number of employees more than tripled, revenue quadrupled and net income increased twelvefold. While Schneider was CEO, Fresenius also carried out a number of major strategic acquisitions: the private hospital chain HELIOS Kliniken in 2005; US dialysis provider Renal Care Group, in 2006; US pharmaceutical company APP Pharmaceuticals, in 2008; Liberty Dialysis, another major dialysis provider in the US, in 2011; and, in 2014, the purchase of 41 hospitals from Rhön-Klinikum, through which HELIOS became the largest private hospital operator in Germany.
- "Group Overview - Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA". Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "Management Board - Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA". Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- Business Week: New Blood Invigorates Dialysis Company
- "Fresenius appoints Stephan Sturm as new Chief Executive Officer – Ulf Mark Schneider leaves the company to pursue another opportunity - Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA". Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "History - Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA". Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "Nestle's press release on June 27th, 2016". www.nestle.com. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- Blackstone, Brian; Chaudhuri, Saabira (2016-06-27). "Nestlé Taps Ulf Mark Schneider as Next CEO". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2016-10-14.
- "St. Gallen Symposium 2006". Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- Business Week: A Prescription for Saving Big Drugmakers
- Harvard Business School case study: Growth and Profitability at Fresenius
- "DowDuPont Inc. - DowDuPont Board of Directors". www.dupont.com. Retrieved 14 July 2018.