Burchardt was first elected to the German Bundestag in the 1994 elections. Throughout her time in parliament, she was a member of the Committee on Education, Research and Technology; from 2009, she served as the committee’s chairwoman.
In addition to her committee assignments, Burchardt also served as chairwoman of the German-Italian Parliamentary Friendship Group from 2003 until 2013. She did not run for re-election in the 2013 elections
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation (FES), Member of the Board of Trustees
- German Council for Sustainable Development (RNE), Member (since 2016, appointed ad personam by Chancellor Angela Merkel)
- Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Member of the Board of Trustees
- Technical University of Berlin, Member of the Board of Trustees (since 2016)
- German National Association for Student Affairs, Member of the Board of Trustees (2009-2013)
- Berlin Social Science Center (WZB), Member of the Board of Trustees (2002-2013)
- "Ulla Burchardt, SPD". Bundestag (in German). Retrieved 26 June 2010.
- Board of Trustees Friedrich Ebert Foundation (FES).
- Bundeskanzlerin beruft Rat für Nachhaltige Entwicklung neu German Council for Sustainable Development (RNE), press release of October 26, 2016
- [ http://www.mpi-dortmund.mpg.de/institute/organization Board of Trustees] Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology.
- Board of Trustees Technical University of Berlin.
- Official website (in German)
|This biography article about a member of the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|