|Cinematography||M. V. Panneerselvam|
AC Abi. Creations
|Distributed by||Aishwaryam Pictures|
|16 April 1993|
|Box office||₹3 crore|
Ulle Veliye (transl. Inside Outside) is a 1993 Tamil-language crime film directed by Parthiban. The film features Parthiban, Aishwarya and Shenbagam. The film, produced by Seetha, had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja and was released on 16 April 1993. The film proved to be a successful venture at the box office in spite of its vulgar scenes and double-entendres. The film was remade in Hindi as Mr. Azaad (1994).
Gajendran (Parthiban) is a small-time crook who lives in a slum. In the past, his father was a laborer and a communist activist. His superior killed his father, and his innocent mother Rajalakshmi (Sabitha Anand) was sent to jail for her husband's murder. Gajendran was then born in jail. Thereafter, he falls in love with the police officer Meena (Aishwarya). Later, MLA Muthulingam (Rajeev) burns Gajendran's slum to collect some votes. Gajendran, to fight the unfairness against the poor, takes the IPS exam and passes it. He becomes a police officer but then takes bribes from everyone, even the poor. One day, anti-corruption officers raid Gajendran's house and find a lot of money there. At the court, Shenbagam (Shenbagam), who is deeply in love with Gajendran, decides to save him, so she lies to the judge that she was a prostitute and had earned a lot of money. She then commits suicide. Gajendran marries Meena and finally decides to fight against the corruption.
- Parthiban as R. Gajendran alias Gaja
- Aishwarya as Meena
- Shenbagam as Shenbagam
- Rajeev as Muthulingam
- R. N. Sudarshan as Rajarathnam
- Thalapathi Dinesh
- Captain Raju
- Sabitha Anand as Rajalakshmi
- Venniradai Moorthy as Constable
- Silk Smitha
- Dakshayini as Selvi
- Oru Viral Krishna Rao as Constable
- Mannangatti Subramaniam as Constable
- Thideer Kannaiah
- Joker Thulasi
- Karuppu Subbiah
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1||"Aariraaro Paadum Ullam"||Ilaiyaraaja||Pulamaipithan||3:10|
|2||"Kalathanamaha"||K. S. Chithra, Mano||Gangai Amaran||4:49|
|3||"Kandupidi Neethaaney"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||Vaali||5:06|
|4||"Sakkara Katti"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||5:09|
|6||"Uttalakadi Uttalakadi"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:58|
|1||"Chinna Chinna Mata"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, K. S. Chithra||5:10|
|2||"Jajimalli Nene"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||5:19|
|3||"Ginginakadi"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||5:10|
|5||"Veera Kottudulo"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||5:06|
|7||"Chakkani Janta"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||5:19|
The Indian Express wrote "Parthiban gives a good account of himself and as a director and story writer too he has excelled but as a dialogue writer he has gone overboard with the double entendres and conceived situations which are obscene".
- "filmography of ulley veliye". cinesouth.com. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "IndiaGlitz - Parthiban takes guard again". indiaglitz.com. 16 October 2004. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "IndiaGlitz - Parthiban is steadfast". indiaglitz.com. 15 May 2006. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "Tamil movies : Pachha Kudhira slips. Namitha furious with Parthiban!!". behindwoods.com. 18 April 2006. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "Ulley Veliye Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "Ulle Velliye - Illayaraja". thiraipaadal.com. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "Allari Donga". indiancine.ma. Retrieved 3 January 2021.
- "Allari Donga". Spotify. Retrieved 3 January 2021.