|Born||October 25, 1962|
|Education||University of St. Gallen|
|Occupation||President Global Asset Management,
President UBS Group EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
|Board member of||UBS (Group Executive Board),
Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz,
Swiss-American Chamber of commerce (Financial Service Chapter Board),
University of Zurich (Advisory Board of the Department of Banking and Finance)
Ulrich Körner (born October 25, 1962 in Germany) is a Swiss-German business person. He is President Global Asset Management, President UBS Group EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and a member of the Group Executive Board of UBS.
From 1980 to 1983, Körner attended the Lyceum Alpinum in Zuoz, Switzerland, and acquired a Swiss school-leaving certificate (Matura, type B), after having received a German school-leaving certificate (Abitur) from the Staatliches Ludwigsgymnasium in Saarbrücken, Germany, which he attended from 1973 to 1980.
Körner majored in Banking and Finance from 1983 to 1988 and graduated with a degree in Business Administration (lic.oec.) from the University of St. Gallen. Thereafter, he completed his Doctoral studies (from 1988 to 1993) and received a PhD. in business administration (Dr.oec) from the University of St. Gallen for Business Administration, Economics, Law and Social Sciences.
Körner joined Credit Suisse as Chief Financial Officer for Switzerland in 1998. He then became Head of Technology and Services in 2000 before assuming the role as Chief Financial Officer at Credit Suisse in 2002. In addition to his role as Chief Financial Officer, he was appointed Chief Operating Officer in 2004. In 2006, he became Chief Executive Officer of Credit Suisse Switzerland. Körner served as a member of the Executive Board at Credit Suisse until he moved from CS to UBS.
In April 2009, Körner joined UBS as Group Chief Operating Officer and as a member of the Executive Board at UBS under Oswald Grübell. Until 2013, he was responsible for the Corporate Center at UBS. It consisted of 25,000 people and included Group Strategy, Human Resources, Group Technology, Group Operations, Communications and Branding, Corporate Real Estate and Administrative Services and Supply and Demand Management at that time as Group Chief Operating Officer.
Körner has been President of UBS Group Europe, Middle East and Africa, comprising 29 countries, since December 2011. Together with the divisional Chief Executive Officers, he is responsible for the implementation of the regional strategy and the collaboration of businesses across all divisions.
In January 2014, Körner succeeded John A. Fraser (businessman) to become President Global Asset Management in addition to his regional leadership. Chief Financial Officer Tom Naratil (born 1961) took on the role of Chief Operating Officer on top of his then current duties.
Ulrich Körner is Chairman of the Widder Hotel in Zurich and Vice President of the Board of Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz. He is also Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board of UBS Deutschland AG, member of the Board of Directors of OOO UBS Bank Russia, Chairman of the Foundation Board of the UBS Pension Fund, a member of the Financial Service Chapter Board of the Swiss-American Chamber of commerce, a member of the Advisory Board of the Department of Banking and Finance at the University of Zurich  and a member of the business advisory council of the Laureus Foundation Switzerland. He formerly served on the Board of Winterthur Group, AXA Leben AG, and AXA Versicherungen AG and as a member of the Board of Clariden Leu AG, and Bank Leu AG. He was also the former Vice-Chairman of the Committee of the Governing Board of the Swiss Bankers Association. As a UBS representative in the Swiss Expert Commission, he advised Swiss politicians on both the resolvability of the large banks and the future strategy of Switzerland's financial industry.
- "UBS AG (UBS)". Reuters. Reuters.com. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "UBS announces changes to Group Executive Board and Corporate Center". UBS News. UBS.com. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Ulrich Körner Executive Profile". Bloomberg. Retrieved February 2016. Check date values in:
- "Ubs Prprty Fd Leman Resd Fon (FONC:SIX Swiss Ex)". investing.businessweek.com. investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "UBS reorganisiert das Corporate Center". UBS. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- Logutenkova, Elena. "UBS Names Lofts Chief Risk Officer, Replacing Miskovic After Trading Loss". Bloomberg. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "UBS Names Ulrich Koerner to Head Asset Management Unit". Bloomberg.
- "OOO UBS Bank: About us".
- "Institut für Banking und Finance".
- "Business Advisory Board of the Laureus Foundation Switzerland" (PDF).
- "Swiss Banking Annual Report" (PDF). Swiss Banking Association. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- "Wir brauchen dreimal mehr Kapital". www.nzz.ch. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- Baches, Zoe. "Ein stiller und ab und zu schroffer Chrampfer". www.nzz.ch. www.nzz.ch. Retrieved 11 June 2013.