Ulsan Culture & Arts Center
|Ulsan Culture & Arts Center|
|Revised Romanization||Ulsan Munhwa Yesul Hoegwan|
|McCune–Reischauer||Ulsan Munhwa Yesul Hoekwan|
|Location||Dal-dong, Nam-gu, Ulsan, South Korea|
|Opened||5 October 1995|
|Jonghap Munhwa Yesul Hoekwan (종합문화예술회관; 1995–1997)|
|• Total space||14,567 square metres (156,800 sq ft)|
Ulsan Culture & Arts Center is a convention center and theatre located in Dal-dong, Nam-gu, Ulsan, South Korea. Construction of the building began in 1990 and the center opened on 5 October 1995. It was previously named the Jonghap Culture & Arts Center (Hangul: 종합문화예술회관) but was renamed in 1997. It is the site of the annual Cheoyong Culture Festival, which accompanies the Ulsan World Music Festival and the Asia Pacific Music Meeting.
The center has 3 above-ground floors, and 2 basement floors with a total of 14,567 square metres (156,800 square feet) of floor space.
The large theatre has a capacity of 1,484 people. There is an orchestra pit and a revolving stage that can be raised or lowered. It is used for many types of performances, including opera, ballet, musicals and general theatre.
There is an outdoor theatre that can seat up to 650 people and is used for traditional art performances and general musical performances.
There is a children's play area, a cafeteria, practice rooms for musicians, and an information kiosk to assist with visitor questions. Parking is available on site.
- 문화예술 요람된 울산문화예술회관 [Cradle of Art and Culture: Ulsan Culture and Arts Center]. Yonhap News (in Korean). 4 October 2005. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- 시설안내 [Facility Information]. Ulsan Culture Art Center (in Korean). n.d. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- 울산시립예술단 연습동 준공식 [Ulsan City Art Troupe Practice for Ceremony]. Newsis (in Korean). 15 April 2009. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Official website (in Korean)
- Official site of the Cheoyong Culture Festival, Ulsan World Music Festival and Asia Pacific Music Meeting
|This article about a South Korean building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|