|Société par actions simplifiée|
|Founder||Gaël Duval, Thierry Koehrlen|
|Thierry Koehrlen (CEO), Gaël Duval (CTO)|
|Products||Application Delivery Industry, Virtualization software|
Ulteo is a software company which provides free and open source (FOSS) virtual desktop solutions. The company is based in Caen, Calvados département, France, and has a research and development center in Colombelles.
Ulteo Online Desktop, the company's first product, was an online service which provided access to OpenOffice.org in a web browser and offered synchronization of files with the client. A competitor to Google Docs, it was launched on 11 December 2007. The service was subsequently expanded to host full KDE desktops. Besides 'no-install' access to applications, it also provided collaboration features, as one session could be shared between users for training purposes or joint editing of documents.
Ulteo Documents Synchronizer was a client application which synchronized local files with those stored in Online Desktop.
Ulteo Application System, codenamed Sirius, was introduced the following year. It was a complete Linux distribution, an installable version of Ulteo Virtual Desktop. The package included a Linux version of Documents Synchronizer. Operating system, applications and user data were automatically updated in the background, with no user interaction.
Ulteo Virtual Desktop, also released in 2008, was a distribution of Linux applications and a coLinux kernel, which allows Linux applications to run on a Windows system. It thus provided the Ulteo Virtual Desktop experience without requiring an Internet connection. 
Ulteo Open Virtual Desktop (OVD) is an open-source Application Delivery and Virtual Desktop infrastructure project that can deliver applications or a desktop hosted on a Linux or Windows server to end users. It comes as a set of software packages which can be installed on a standard Linux distribution (Ubuntu, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Redhat Enterprise Linux). Some modules can also be installed on Windows.
- LaMonica, Martin (11 December 2007). "Ulteo brings OpenOffice to Web browser". News. CNET. Retrieved 5 October 2008.
- Upfold, Peter (28 March 2008). "Ulteo Application System Beta 1 - the FOSSwire review". FOSSwire. Retrieved 5 October 2008.
- Ruecker, Scott (12 December 2007). "Ulteo and OpenOffice.org Announce Partnership". LXer. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "Open World Forum Presents Open Innovation Awards to Five Groundbreaking Open Source Start-Ups". Open World Forum. 29 October 2009. Archived from the original on 25 January 2010. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- Linder, Brad (12 December 2007). "Run OpenOffice.org in a web browser, no installation necessary". Switched Downloadsquad. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- Weiss, Todd R. (13 December 2007). "No download needed: OpenOffice beta as a Web app". Infoworld. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Sheinberg, Brian (27 May 2008). "Ulteo Virtual Desktop: Letting Linux Do Windows". CRN. Archived from the original on 17 July 2010. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- Shoemaker, Kristin (22 April 2008). "Ulteo releases Linux desktop; bent on world domination". Switched. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- Ulteo Application System is innovative, easy, and a little buggy | Linux.com | The source of Linux information
- Ulteo offers server based computing solution for Linux desktops, apps | ZDNet
- Norman, Mike (25 June 2012). "Ulteo OVD 3 – Open Source Remote Desktop". The Virtualization Practice. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Lai, Eric (3 February 2010). "Linux, Windows or both? Doesn't matter to virtual desktop vendor Ulteo". Computerworld. Retrieved 16 July 2013.