US$22363.00 (kit, 1998)
The Ultimate 10-200 is a Canadian homebuilt aerobatic biplane that was designed produced by Streamline Welding of Hamilton, Ontario, introduced in the 1990s. When it was available the aircraft was supplied as a kit or in the form of plans for amateur construction.
Design and development
The aircraft started out as a replacement set of wings for the Pitts Special and eventually a new fuselage was designed to go with the wing set. The resulting aircraft features a strut-braced biplane layout, with cabane struts, interplane struts and flying wires, a single-seat, enclosed cockpit under a bubble canopy, fixed conventional landing gear with wheel pants and a single engine in tractor configuration.
The aircraft is made from metal with its flying surfaces covered in doped aircraft fabric. Its wings span only 16.00 ft (4.9 m). The acceptable power range varies by each model. Standard equipment includes an inverted fuel system and rear-hinged canopy. Operational g loads are +7 and -5 g. The aircraft has a roll rate of 360 degrees per second.
The 10-200 version has a typical empty weight of 925 lb (420 kg) and a gross weight of 1,320 lb (600 kg), giving a useful load of 395 lb (179 kg). With full fuel of 22 U.S. gallons (83 L; 18 imp gal) the payload for the pilot and baggage is 263 lb (119 kg).
The standard day, sea level, no wind, take off with a 200 hp (149 kW) engine is 450 ft (137 m) and the landing roll is 500 ft (152 m).
The manufacturer estimated the construction time from the supplied kit as 1200 hours.
In March 2014 six examples were registered in the United States with the Federal Aviation Administration, although a total of 12 had been registered at one time. Also in March 2014 two were registered in Canada with Transport Canada.
- Ultimate 10-180
- Model powered by the 180 hp (134 kW) Lycoming O-360 powerplant
- Ultimate 10-200
- Model powered by the 200 hp (149 kW) Lycoming IO-360 powerplant
- Ultimate 10-300
- Model powered by the 300 hp (224 kW) Lycoming IO-540 powerplant
Specifications (Ultimate 10-200)
Data from AeroCrafter
- Crew: one
- Length: 16 ft 6 in (5.03 m)
- Wingspan: 16 ft 0 in (4.88 m)
- Empty weight: 925 lb (420 kg)
- Gross weight: 1,350 lb (612 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 22 U.S. gallons (83 L; 18 imp gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Lycoming IO-360 four cylinder, air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 200 hp (150 kW)
- Propellers: 3-bladed constant speed propeller
- Maximum speed: 220 mph (354 km/h; 191 kn)
- Cruise speed: 170 mph (148 kn; 274 km/h)
- Stall speed: 60 mph (52 kn; 97 km/h)
- Range: 500 mi (434 nmi; 805 km)
- Rate of climb: 2,000 ft/min (10 m/s)
- Purdy, Don: AeroCrafter - Homebuilt Aircraft Sourcebook, Fifth Edition, page 264. BAI Communications, 15 July 1998. ISBN 0-9636409-4-1
- Federal Aviation Administration (15 March 2014). "Make / Model Inquiry Results". Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- Transport Canada (15 March 2014). "Canadian Civil Aircraft Register". Retrieved 15 March 2014.