Ultimate Air Shuttle
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
|Commenced operations||July 2009|
|Hubs||Cincinnati Municipal Lunken Airport|
|Parent company||Ultimate Jet Charters|
|Headquarters||Cincinnati, Ohio, USA|
Ultimate Air Shuttle is an airline based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Services are public charter flights that operate on a published schedule and are sold to the public. Its Cincinnati-based flights mostly depart from the smaller Cincinnati Municipal Lunken Airport. The airline serves key business routes that were reduced by Delta Air Lines and Comair.
Ultimate Air Shuttle started operations in 2009 shortly after the merger of Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines in an attempt to serve destinations on a time driven basis. The airline launched with flights to New York and soon expanded to Chicago in 2010. In 2012, Detroit and Washington D.C were added as destinations, but the Detroit route was discontinued later that year and the Washington D.C. route was switched to Charlotte in 2013.
On May 12, 2015, Ultimate Air Shuttle announced that it would start flying seasonal service to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, Westhampton Beach, New York, and from Morristown, New Jersey. After a few months of service, the Westhampton Beach destination was cancelled due to a lack of demand. The airline has expressed interest in future markets such as Indianapolis, Memphis, and Nashville, however, they have yet to be announced as actually starting. In October 2015, Ultimate began service to Cleveland, while additionally announcing that it will add flights to Chicago Executive Airport beginning in 2016. Also, flights to DeKalb-Peachtree Airport (Atlanta) and Nashville International Airport were indicated as the next cities with service to be added in the coming year. In May 2016, Ultimate Air Shuttle announced it would move its CVG flights to LUK in order to add an extra daily flight to Chicago-MDW and New York-MMU, however planned flights to TEB have been delayed.
In January 2017, Ultimate Air Shuttle announced that is plans to launch flights from Lunken to DeKalb-Peachtree Airport (Atlanta).
Ultimate Air Shuttle flies scheduled charter flights to the following destinations:
The Ultimate Air Shuttle fleet:
|Fairchild Dornier 328JET||9||0||30|
Ultimate Air Shuttle offers various benefits to passengers that some other airlines do not. These services include no baggage fees, no cancellation fees, and the ability to arrive at the airport 15 minutes before scheduled departures. Ultimate Air Shuttle offers complimentary drinks on all flights, a light breakfast on morning flights and a fruit, cheese and meat tray on evening flights.
- Baverman, Laura (10 January 2011). "Charters lead Lunken resurgence". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Retrieved 2012-01-07.
- Keefe, Brendan (9 February 2011). "A legal way to bypass airport security lines". WCPO-TV. Retrieved 2012-01-07.
- "Our History" (PDF). Ultimate Air Shuttle. Ultimate Air Shuttle. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- "Ultimate Air Shuttle Announces Three New East Coast Destinations" (pdf). Ultimate Magazine. Ultimate Air Shuttle. 2 (3): 26. May–June 2015. Retrieved 2015-08-11.
- Engel, Liz. "Cleveland's ready, but where is Ultimate Air headed next?". WCPO. WCPO. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Destinations". Ultimate Air Shuttle.
- "Aircraft flying for Ultimate Air Shuttle (UE / UJC)". Retrieved 17 September 2017.