Ultimate Chicken Horse
|Ultimate Chicken Horse|
|Developer(s)||Clever Endeavour Games|
|Publisher(s)||Clever Endeavour Games|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|Release||Microsoft Windows |
Ultimate Chicken Horse is a multiplayer competitive platform video game developed and published by Canadian studio Clever Endeavour Games. It was released for Microsoft Windows on 4 March 2016, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in December 2017, and Nintendo Switch on 25 September 2018.
Ultimate Chicken Horse is a platform video game where players assume the role of one of various animals. The goal of each game is to score points by building a platform level one piece at a time (per player) and race each other to a flag on the other side of the level. Players add obstacles designed to challenge their opponents, while also making sure they themselves can handle their handiwork. Points are awarded each round for various achievements, such as reaching the goal first, or setting a successful trap. The winner of the match is the player who reaches a set number of points or has the most points after a set number of rounds. Each round is estimated to last a minute.
The PC and PlayStation 4 versions of the game support cross-play, locally and online.
The concept for Ultimate Chicken Horse emerged in September 2014 during a game jam. Developer Richard Atlas stated in an interview with Gamasutra that he was in the process of forming Clever Endeavour Games when it came about. The final team included personnel who had previously worked on games such as Gardenarium and Rimworld.
|Ultimate Chicken Horse|
The PlayStation 4 version of Ultimate Chicken Horse received "generally favorable" reviews, according to review aggregator Metacritic. The Escapist said the game "does everything it tries to do very well, but a few quibbles keep it from greatness," and recommended "a better guiding hand for stage building, especially for new players".
- "Ultimate Chicken Horse Brings Level Creation Chaos To Switch On 25th September". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- "Sabotage your friends, and probably yourself, in Ultimate Chicken Horse". pcgamer. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- Campbell, Colin (30 August 2015). "Ultimate Chicken Horse is competitive platform design on the fly". Polygon. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- Matulef, Jeffrey (2 February 2016). "Ultimate Chicken Horse is an early frontrunner for game of 2016". Eurogamer. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Ultimate Chicken Horse Lands on PlayStation 4 in the Americas, Jumps to Xbox One Dec. 15, PlayStation 4 Europe Dec. 18". Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- Couture, Joel. "Road to the IGF: Clever Endeavour Games' Ultimate Chicken Horse". Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Ultimate Chicken Horse". Metacritic. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Ultimate Chicken Horse Review – A Great Way to Both Make and Lose Friends". The Escapist. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
|This platform game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|