2.3.2 / April 2015
|Operating system||Cross-platform (JVM)|
|Type||Enterprise Service Bus|
|License||AGPL license (source) or AdroitLogic EULA (binaries)|
UltraESB is a lightweight enterprise service bus (ESB) capable of supporting many transports and message formats natively. It allows messages to be mediated via Java or JSR 223 scripting languages through an API, and is the first ESB to claim support for Zero-Copy proxying of messages with Non-Blocking IO capabilities. In 2013, it was selected as the ESB and API Management platform by a recent Fortune #1 company based on its performance and stability.
The initial version was published in January 2010  and the code was subsequently open sourced under the OSI approved Affero General Public License (AGPL) in 24th of August 2010. Continuous nightly builds are there to ensure the performance of latest development code.
Some of the key features of UltraESB are:
- Use any IDE – Allowing users to choose any IDE for development significantly reduces the learning curve for development
- Ability to unit test, along with close to 50% code coverage
- Easily extensible via third-party libraries, Spring configured beans and custom code
- Support for number of message formats and transformations
- Support for payloads and protocols such as AS2, HL7, SOAP, REST, FIX transports such as MLLP/S, JMS, AMQP, FTP/S, SFTP and WS-Security, XACML and JTA XA transactions
- Very light weight download of ~42MB for complete distribution (Minimal version < 9MB)
- Support for clustering and fail-over for high-availability
- Built-in metrics and JMX, CLI and Web based management
Design and development tools
UltraESB is equipped with various development tools for testing, development and deployment.
- IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse and NetBeans as IDEs
- Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA
- UTerm – An interactive command line and scriptable administration utility
- JMX based management/monitoring support and integration with the Zabbix open source monitoring solution
Management and monitoring tools
The management and monitoring tools are shipped with all distributions other than the minimal (Complete distribution & Source distribution).
- UConsole – The web based management and monitoring console
- IMonitor – executes as an independent web application and allows managing and monitoring either a single node or a cluster of ESBs
- Apache ServiceMix, a similar and related open source ESB
- Guaraná DSL
- FUSE ESB
- Oracle Enterprise Service Bus
- Open ESB
- "AdroitLogic Open Sources the High Performance and Lightweight Enterprise Service Bus - UltraESB". PRWeb. Retrieved 2016-05-05.
- "UltraESB Trunk - Nightly Build: Plan summary - Atlassian Bamboo". bamboo.adroitlogic.com. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "Transports and Message Formats - UltraESB Documentation - UltraESB Documentation". docs.adroitlogic.org. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "UltraESB Tooling - UltraESB Documentation - UltraESB Documentation". docs.adroitlogic.org. Retrieved 2016-05-03.
- "UltraESB - Best Open Source ESB". adroitlogic.org. Retrieved 2016-05-03.