Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle
|Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle|
|Created by||Tsuburaya Productions|
|Written by||Kenichi Araki, Keiichi Hasegawa, Masanao Akahoshi, Takahiko Masuda|
|Directed by||Yuichi Kikuchi, Tsugumi Kitaura, Hirochika Muraishi|
|Opening theme||"eternal traveller" by Project DMM|
|Ending theme||"JUMP UP" by Lekkazan|
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original network||Nippon BS Broadcasting|
|Original release||December 1, 2007 – February 23, 2008|
|Preceded by||Ultraseven X|
|Followed by||Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle: Never Ending Odyssey|
Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle (ウルトラギャラクシー大怪獣バトル Urutora Gyarakushī Daikaijū Batoru?) is the first season of its series that is the 24th entry in the Tsuburaya Productions' long-running Ultra Series. It is an adaption of the video game Mega Monster Battle: ULTRA MONSTERS. The show first aired on December 1, 2007 and concluded on February 23, 2008. On December 20, 2008, the second season titled Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle: Never Ending Odyssey (ウルトラギャラクシー大怪獣バトル ＮＥＶＥＲ ＥＮＤＩＮＧ ＯＤＹＳＳＥＹ Urutora Gyarakushī Daikaijū Batoru Nebā Endingu Odessei?, Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle: NEO) premiered. Ultra Galaxy was the first Ultra Series to be shown as a pay-per-view service.
It has been approximately 500,000 years since the last series and all monsters on Earth had gone extinct, marking the end of monster era on Earth. Humanity had finally advanced to the outer space and a new era was formed, called the Galaxy Crisis (ギャラクシークライシス Gyarakushī Kuraishisu?).
The crews of Space Pendragon were tasked to investigate Planet Boris after communications on that planet was mysteriously vanished. Arriving on the planet, the crew were astonished to find it inhabited by monsters, with every nearby city perished. While forced to wait for reinforcements, the crew must solved the mystery of this planet's background as a monster tamer named Rei, whose past remained mysterious, joined ZAP Spacy in order to learn his past.
Monsters of Planet Boris
- Underground Monster Telesdon (地底怪獣 テレスドン Chitei Kaijū Teresudon, 1, 2, 7): The first monster to appear in the series, Telesdon attacked Sadola before Red King joined the commotion and beaten the two, forcing Telesdon to retreat while Sadola died from its fight. It soon resurfaced and attacked the Pendragon before Rei summoned his Gomora and defeated it. Another Telesdon was summoned by Bullton as its fight representative alongside Red King and Neronga but was unfortunately tricked into attacking its own allies before being killed by Gomora. First appeared in episode 22 of Ultraman.
- Rock Monster Sadola (岩石怪獣 サドラ Ganseki Kaijū Sadora, 1, 5, 6): A monster who fought Telesdon before being defeated by Red King, therefore marking its first kill. Several Sadola appeared later on in episode 5, with a total of eight were killed by Kate's Fire Golza and five other in later episode were killed by ZAP Spacy. First appeared in episode 3 of Return of Ultraman.
- Skull Monster Red King (どくろ怪獣 レッドキング Dokuro Kaijū Reddo Kingu, 1, 7, 11): One of the earliest monsters to arrive on Planet Boris following Bullton, Red King firstly killed Sadola before setting its sight on the ZAP Spacy's Pendragon, only to be killed by Rei's Gomora. Another Red King was summoned by Bullton as a fight representative against ZAP Spacy alongside Telesdon and Neronga before it was killed by Gomora and Litra. First appeared in episode 5 of Ultraman.
- Frozen Monster Peguila (冷凍怪獣 ペギラ Reito Kaijū Pegira, 1): Only appeared as a carcass, Rei was first emerged from the monster, which eventually leads him to his first encounter with ZAP Spacy. First appeared in episode 5 of Ultra Q.
- Centipede Monster Mukadender (百足怪獣 ムカデンダー Hyakusoku Kaijū Mukadendā, 2): Only appeared as a carcass, Mukadender's death was caused by a Golza with ZAP Spacy initially mistaken Rei's monster as its perpetrator. First appeared in episode 26 of Ultraman Taro.
- Giant Plant Juran (巨大植物 ジュラン Kyodai Shokubutsu Juran, 2): A giant flower which encountered by the ZAP Spacy, it began to attack them until Litra fired its Citronella Acid to destroy it. First appeared in episode 5 of Ultra Q, who also called by the name Mammoth Flower (マンモスフラワー Manmosu Furawā).
- Super Ancient Monster Golza (超古代怪獣 ゴルザ Chō Kodai Kaijū Goruza, 2): A monster which previously killed Mukadender. Alongside Telesdon, it tried to attack ZAP Spacy until both were defeated by Gomora. First appeared in episode 1 of Ultraman Tiga.
- Invisible Monster Neronga (透明怪獣 ネロンガ Tōmei Kaijū Neronga, 3, 7): A monster with the ability to turn invisible and manipulate electricity. Having defeated a Gudon, it attacked the Space Pendragon during the night to absorb its electricity before moving on towards a facility. Although using its invisibility again, Rei's hearings allowed Gomora to turn the tides and finish it. Another Neronga was summoned sometime later by Bullton as a fight representative alongside Telesdon and Red King but was quickly defeated when Telesdon accidentally attacked the monster. First appeared in episode 3 of Ultraman.
- Underground Monster Gudon (地底怪獣 グドン Chitei Kaijū Gudon, 3): A monster that first fought Neronga before being killed with relative ease. First appeared in episode 5 of Return of Ultraman.
- Space Great Monster Bemstar (宇宙大怪獣 ベムスター Uchū Daikaijū Bemusutā, 4): A monster which attacked the Resort and Transport Base, this monster was thought to be the murderer of Haruna's brother, driving her in a conquest for vengeance before Rei joined in to save her. Although shown with the ability to absorb incoming attacks, the strategized formation of Litra and Gomora allowed the monster to be killed. First appeared in episode 18 of Return of Ultraman.
|1||"The Lawless Monster Planet"
"Kaijū Muhō Wakusei" (怪獣無法惑星)
|The Space Pendragon crew of the ZAP Spacy received a call from Earth to investigate Planet Boris after communications were mysteriously cut off. Their ship however suffered from severe damage after they were forced to crash-landed on that planet. While searching for civilians in a nearby city, they discovered several monsters which had supposedly extinct on Earth and a survivor approaches from one of the monsters' carcass. With the Space Pendragon under attack by Red King, the mysterious man released his monster, Gomora and rescue the ship by killing Red King.|
|2||"The Fifth Crewman"
"Goninme no Kurū" (五人目のクルー)
|The mysterious man tried to escape from ZAP Spacy as the team tried to search for him, wanting to know what happened to Planet Boris. After an encounter with the giant flower Juran, the crew were saved by Litra, but with the bird is in death's doors, the mysterious man absorbed it into his device. The mysterious man, Rei, had no answer to his past life but confirmed himself not to be the culprit of the monster attacks. After saving ZAP Spacy again from Golza, Rei wandered off and received a strange vision.|
|3||"The Invisible Monster Attacks!"
"Tōmei Kaijū Shūgeki!" (透明怪獣襲撃！)
|At night, the Pendragon is under attack from a monster but before Rei can release Gomora, the opponent was nowhere to be seen. The next day, Haruna went to get some spare parts with Rei offering her services, despite the former blamed him for the attack last night. At the Electrical Plant, the two were under attacked by Neronga, whom feeds electricity from that plant, as well as the true identity of Pendragon's attacker. After Rei managed to kill Neronga with Gomora, Haruna finally trusted him as the former finally received a proper membership into the team.|
|4||"Bemstar Has Arrived!"
"Bemusutā Sanjō!" (ベムスター参上！)
|The crew comes across mysterious footprints, which were revealed to be made by Bemstar. Following the destruction of a Resort and Transport Base, Haruna deduced that her brother was killed by Bemstar as well and decided to take matters on her own to attack the monster. Fortunately, she was saved by Rei and via strategic attacks, both Gomora and Litra were able to kill the monster. In aftermath of the battle, Oki deduced that the giant Rei saw in his vision is in fact Ultraman.|
|5||"The Trap in Belargo City"
"Berarugo Shiti no Wana" (ベラルゴシティの罠)
|6||"Another Monster Tamer"
"Mō Hitori no Kaijūtsukai" (もう一人の怪獣使い)
|7||"The Stone Which Calls Monsters"
"Kaijū o Yobu Ishi" (怪獣を呼ぶ石)
|8||"The Underwater King"
"Suichū no Ōja" (水中の王者)
|9||"The Pendragon Doesn't Rise to the Surface!"
"Pendoragon Fujōsezu!" (ペンドラゴン浮上せず！)
"Yoki Senu Saikai" (予期せぬ再会)
"Wakusei Dasshutsu" (惑星脱出)
- Rei (レイ?) - Shota Minami (南 翔太 Minami Shōta?)
- Haruna (ハルナ?) - Saki Kamiryo (上良 早紀 Kamiryō Saki?)
- Oki (オキ?) - Toru Hachinohe (八戸 亮 Hachinohe Tōru?)
- Kumano (クマノ?) - Mitsutoshi Shundo (俊藤 光利 Shundō Mitsutoshi?)
- Hyuga (ヒュウガ Hyūga?) - Hiroyuki Konishi (小西 博之 Konishi Hiroyuki?)
- Kate (ケイト Keito?) - Mayu Gamo (蒲生 麻由 Gamō Mayu?)
- Karen (カレン?) - Natsumi Yamada (山田 夏海 Yamada Natsumi?)
- Hiroki (ヒロキ?) - Shigeki Kagemaru (影丸 茂樹 Kagemaru Shigeki?)
- Ato (アトウ Atō?) - Hideaki Ishii (石井 英明 Ishii Hideaki?)
- Gomora - Kazunori Yokoo (横尾 和則 Yokoo Kazunori?)
- Reimon - Hiroyuki Inomata (猪又 浩之 Inomata Hiroyuki?)
- Monsters - Daisuke Terai (寺井 大介 Terai Daisuke?), Ryo Nishimura (西村 郎 Nishimura Ryō?), Hiroshi Suenaga (末永 博志 Suenaga Hiroshi?), Kenya Soma (相馬 絢也 Sōma Kenya?), Tomomi Ota (太田 智美 Ōta Tomomi?), Shinya Iwasaki (岩崎 晋弥 Iwasaki Shinya?), Daisuke Fukuda (福田 大助 Fukuda Daisuke?), Satoshi Yamamoto (山本 諭 Yamamoto Satoshi?), Tatsunari Fukushima (福島 龍成 Fukushima Tatsunari?), Hideyoshi Iwata (岩田 栄慶 Iwata Hideyoshi?)
- Opening theme
- "eternal traveller" (エターナル・トラベラー Etānaru Toraberā?)
- Ending theme
- "JUMP UP" (ジャンプ アップ Janpu Appu?)
- "TSUBURAYA PRODUCTIONS BRINGS THE ALL NEW "VISUAL TRANSLATION SYSTEM" TO MIPCOM 2008!!". 2008-10-07. Retrieved 2008-11-03.
- "テレビ放送前は有料、放送後1週間は無料配信 「ウルトラ怪獣」新番組 - ITmedia News". 2007-11-13. Retrieved 2008-09-28.