Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects
Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects, also known as Ultra Mega Solar Parks, are a series of solar power projects planned by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy of the Union Government of India. Each power project has a minimum capacity of 500 MW.
In December 2014, the Government of India introduced a scheme to establish at least 25 solar parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects, adding over 20 GW of installed solar power capacity. The Central Government provides financial support for the construction of these solar projects. In February 2017, the Union Cabinet increased the total number of planned solar parks to 50 with a total capacity of 40 GW. By April 2017, 34 solar parks were under construction across 21 states.
List of projects
|Project name||Location||State||Capacity (MW)|
|NP Kunta Ultra Mega Solar Park||Anantpur||Andhra Pradesh||400||1500|
|Kadapa Ultra Mega Solar Park||Galiveedu||1000|
|Kurnool Ultra Mega Solar Park||Kurnool||1000||1000|
|Ananathapurumu II Solar park||Tadipatri||500|
|Pavagada Solar Park||Tumakuru||Karnataka||600||2000|
|Rajnandgaon Solar Park||Rajnandgaon||Chhattisgarh||500|
|Rewa Ultra Mega Solar||Rewa||Madhya Pradesh||750||750|
|Neemuch - Mandsaur Solar park||Neemuch||500|
|Agar - Shajapur Solar Park||Shajapur||235.7||500|
|K. P. Power Solar Park||Beed||Maharashtra||500|
|Bhadla Solar Park||Phalodi||Rajasthan||946||2255|
|Kamuthi Solar Power Project||Kamuthi||Tamil Nadu||648||648|
|Dholera Solar Park||Dholera SIR||Gujarat||5000|
|Radhanesda (Banaskantha) Solar Park||Radhanesda||700|
|Odisha Solar Park||Planning||Odisha||1000|
- "Introduction :: Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), A Government of India Enterprise". SECI. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- Smiti Mittal (2014-09-15). "India Considers Adding 20 GW Capacity Through Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects". Cleantechnica.com. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "Scheme for Development of Ultra Mega Solar Parks". Pib.nic.in. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- Prasad, Gireesh Chandra (2017-04-07). "ADB to lend $175 million to Power Grid for transmission project". livemint.com/. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- By Ians (2014-11-28). "12 States to Set up Solar Parks, Ultra Mega Solar Projects: Goyal". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "750MW MP solar plant starts operations, to serve Delhi Metro". The Economic Times. 2018-07-06. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- https://www.ujaas.com/projects-under-ujaas-park/. Missing or empty