Ulysses in Nighttown is a play based on an episode from the novel Ulysses by James Joyce that was adapted by Marjorie Barkentin and contains incidental music by Peter Link. The show opened Off-Broadway in 1958 with Zero Mostel to a long and successful run, earning Mostel an Obie Award. It debuted on Broadway on February 15, 1974 at the Winter Garden Theatre and ran for 69 performances. The show had previously done a preview run of 26 performances in Philadelphia. The cast included Zero Mostel, Margery Beddow, Fionnuala Flanagan, Gale Garnett, Tommy Lee Jones, and David Ogden Stiers.
Ulysses Episode 15 "Circe"
- 1974 Tony Award Best Play (nominated)
- 1974 Tony Award Best Actor in Play (Zero Mostel [nominee])
- 1974 Tony Award Best Featured Actress in a Play (Fionnuala Flanagan [nominee])
- 1974 Tony Award Best Scenic Design (Ed Wittstein [nominee])
- 1974 Tony Award Best Lighting Design (Jules Fisher [winner])
- 1974 Tony Award Best Direction of a Play (Burgess Meredith [nominee])
- 1974 Drama Desk Award Outstanding Performance (Zero Mostel [winner])