Umberto Modiano Airport
|Umberto Modiano Airport|
Aeroporto Umberto Modiano
|Serves||Armação dos Búzios|
|Elevation AMSL||3 m / 10 ft|
Umberto Modiano Airport (IATA: BZC, ICAO: SBBZ) is the airport serving Armação dos Búzios, Brazil. It is named after Umberto Modiano, a businessman who owned Marina Porto Búzios, Nas Rocas Hotel, and financially supported the emancipation movement of Armação dos Búzios, which was completed in 1995.
The airport was inaugurated in 2003 and it is dedicated to general aviation. On July 11, 2012 the facility was temporarily closed to conduct renovation works demanded by the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil. However, on May 28, 2016, after completing the renovations and legal procedures, the airport was again opened for general aviation.
Airlines and destinations
No scheduled flights operate at this airport.
The airport is located 8 km (5 mi) from downtown Búzios.
- "Umberto Modiano Airport Information". World Aero Data.
- "Lista de aeródromos privados" (in Portuguese). ANAC.
- "História" (in Portuguese). Prefeitura de Búzios. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Aeroporto de Búzios não tem permissão para voos comerciais, diz ANAC" (in Portuguese). O Globo. 18 July 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Aeroporto de Búzios receberá autorização para Aviação Geral" (in Portuguese). Prefeitura de Búzios. 30 August 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Aeroporto de Búzios, RJ, reabre para pequenas aeronaves" (in Portuguese). G1. 28 May 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Airport information for SBBZ at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SBBZ at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for SBBZ at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for BZC at Aviation Safety Network
- Umberto Modiano Airport Photo Archive at airliners.net