Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up umbo in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Umbo may refer to:
- Umbo (bivalve), part of a bivalve shell which was formed when the animal was a juvenile
- Umbo (eye), tiny depression in the center of the foveola corresponding to foveal reflex
- Umbo of tympanic membrane, the central, most inverted portion of the ear drum
- Umbo (mycology), at the top of some mushrooms
- Otto Umbehr (1902–1980), German photographer known as "Umbo"
- A shield boss, a round, convex, or conical piece of material at the center of a shield
- The first year's growth of a seed scale on a Pinus cone, showing up as a protuberance at the end of the two-year-old scale
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Umbo.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.