|Alma mater||Delhi University (DU), Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)|
|Employer||Reliance Industries Limited|
|Known for||Journalist & Media Executive|
|Title||President & Media Director|
|Website||Umesh Upadhyay on Facebook|
Umesh Upadhyay, is a veteran Indian television journalist and media executive. He is currently President & Director Media at Reliance Industries Limited., prior to which he was President News at Network 18.
Early life and career
A career spanning over 25 years in media industry and academics, Umesh worked at Janmat TV (Channel Head), Zee News (Executive Producer and Editor, Output), SAB TV, Home TV (Executive Producer), Doordarshan (Correspondent) and Press Trust of India (Sub Editor). He started his career as a lecturer at Delhi University. He has been associated with All India Radio (AIR) as a political analyst and commentator. He is a noted member of the Editors Guild of India. Umesh held senior position in the academic field as Director of Disha Education Society, Raipur. Apart from managing affairs of Disha Group of Institutions, he was designated as Pro VC of the upcoming Disha University. Umesh has been nominated by the Government of India to the Executive Council of the Prestigious Indian Institute of Mass Communications, New Delhi  Umesh Upadhyay was a member of Jury of Narad Jayanti Awards in New Delhi. Umesh Upadhyay is an Executive Board member of National Institute of Open Schools, An autonomous institution under the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India. NIOS is the largest open schooling system in the world. Umesh Upadhyay is a TED speaker. He is a regular columnist on issues of national and international importance
He is an alumnus of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) and the University of Delhi. He has done his Masters and M.Phil from the School of International Studies, JNU. He has served as a member of the Academic Council of Delhi University. He has also been trained at the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, Asian Institute for Broadcasting Development (Kula Lumpur), BSkyB (London), Thames Studios (UK) and CPC (Delhi).
Awards & Memberships
Umesh has been awarded with prestigious Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Award for lifetime contribution in the field of Journalism and media 
He is a member of the Management Committee and Executive Council of Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University for Mass Communication and Journalism, Bhopal 
Umesh is a member of the Advisory Council of National Institute of Mass Communication & Journalism, Ahmedabad 
He is a member of the IIMC Society.
Umesh is member of the Executive Council of the Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi. 
- "Umesh Upadhyay to move back to RIL".
- "Reliance names Raghav Bahl Network 18 non-executive director". Live Mint. 7 July 2014.
- "With changes at Network18, a look at Media execs who've joined Reliance Industries". MediaNama.
- "Executive Team - Network 18". Network 18.
- "Nominated by the Government of India to the Executive Council I.I.M.C., New Delhi". IIMC.
- "Member of Jury of Narad Jayanti Awards". Jagran.
- "Executive Board Member NIOS" (PDF). NIOS.
- "Executive Board Member NIOS". NIOS.
- "TED Talks Speaker". TED Talks.
- "Regular Columnist". Blogspot.
- "Recipient of Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Award 2017". DailyHunt.
- "Member of the Management Committee and Executive Council MCNUMCJ Bhopal". Progressivemp.
- "Member of the Advisory Council of NIMCJ, Ahmedabad". NIMCJ.
- "Member of the IIMC Society". IIMC.
- "Member of the Executive Council at IIMC". IIMC.
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|