Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Umlaut, umlaut, Umlauts, or umlauts in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Umlaut may refer to:
Language and writing
- Umlaut (linguistics), a sound change where a vowel was modified to conform more closely to the vowel in the next syllable; in particular:
- I-mutation, a specific type of umlaut triggered by a following high front vowel; in particular:
- The diacritic ¨, called either an umlaut or a diaeresis depending on which phonological phenomenon it indicates
- Metal umlaut, used in names of heavy metal or hard rock bands for visual rather than phonetic effect
- Ümlaut (band), a band on CrimethInc
- Umlaut (software), an open source link resolver front-end for libraries
- Umläut, Clinton McKinnon's experimental Australian rock band
- Lars Umlaut, a character playable in the Guitar Hero series of music video games
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Umlaut.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.