|Shia Islam portal|
Fāṭimah bint Ḥuzam al-Kulābīyya (Arabic: فاطمة بنت حزام الكلابية - died (683/684) or 69 A.H. (688/689)), commonly known as Umm ul-Banin ("mother of several sons"), was a wife of Ali ibn Abi Talib. She was from the tribe of Banu Kilab Kalbasi, Khasaes al-Abbasiah, (1387 S.H.), P. 63 a branch of Qais Ailan tribes.
Umm ul-Banin married Ali ibn Abi Talib after the death of his first wife Fatimah, daughter of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad. Umm ul-Banin and Ali had four sons, of whom the eldest was Abbas ibn Ali, the commander of Husain Ibn Ali's forces at the Battle of Karbala.Sayyida Ruqayya bint Ali was her daughter. Shimr ibn Dhi 'l-Jawshan, who later killed Husayn ibn Ali at the battle, had offered Abbas Ibn Ali and his brothers immunity before the battle commenced, however, Abbas Ibn Ali and his brothers rejected it since the offer was not including Imam Hussain Ibn Ali. All of Umm ul-Banin's sons were killed later in the battle at Karbala.
Umm ul-Banin had four sons:
- Bibi Pak Daman
- Day of Ashura
- Day of Tasu'a
- Ziyarat Ashura
- Shi'a view of Ali
- Sermon of Ali ibn Husayn in Damascus
- Calendar Converter
- Exemplary Women: Umm ul-Banin
- Al-Mozafar, Mowsua’ Batal al-A’lqami,V. 1, P. 100
- The grave of Umm al-Banin, in Baqi' farsnews.com Retrieved 24 Oct 2018
- The marriage of Umm al-Banin with Imam Ali (a.s.) far the martyrdom of Hazrat Fatimah farsnews.com Retrieved 23 Oct 2018
- Ali's marriage to Umm al-Banin mashreghnews.ir Retrieved 23 Oct 2018
- [File:Name plate Zarih Sayyida Ruqayya.jpg]
- Shaykh Al-Mufid. Kitab Al-Irshad.
- Al Imam Al Hafiz, Abdul Ghani Al Maqdisi. Short Biography of the Prophet & His Ten Companions. Darussalam. ISBN 9960-899-12-8.
- Ashgar Ali Engineer (1992). The Rights of Women in Islam. C. Hurst & Co. Publishers. ISBN 1-85065-154-X.
- Ziarat of Hazrat Ummul Baneen (Wife of Imam Ali & Mother of Hazrat Abbas)
- Hazrat Ummol Banin shia-news.com Retrieved 14 Oct 2018
- Imam Hussain, Ashura yjc.ir Retrieved 14 Oct 2018
- The biography of Umm-al-Banin (s.a.) ummulbanin.com Retrieved 14 Oct 2018
|This biographical article about a person notable in connection with Islam is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|