Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Course||stamp mielies (samp) with sugar beans, butter, onions, potatoes, chili peppers|
|Place of origin||South Africa|
- Made of stamp mielies (samp) with sugar beans, butter, onions, potatoes, chillies and lemons, made to simmer.
- Made of mielie-meal, semolina and peas.
- A Xhosa variant made with "samp and beans" that is served with butter or fat was apparently Nelson Mandela's favourite dish.
- Umngqusho recipe in the Congo Cookbook
- "SouthAfrica.net". Retrieved 2013-04-28.
|This South Africa-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|