|Also known as||UnSeen|
|Labels||Mystic Production, Century Media|
|Associated acts||Vader, Rootwater, Vesania|
UnSun is a Polish Gothic metal band formed in 2006 by ex-guitarist Maurycy "Mauser" Stefanowicz of death metal band Vader. Their debut album, entitled The End of Life, was released on 19 September 2008 by Century Media Records. Their second album Clinic for Dolls was released on 11 October 2010 via Mystic Production.
UnSun was founded by ex-Vader guitarist Mauser and his wife, lead vocalist Anna "Aya" Stefanowicz. Originally named Unseen, they later changed their name to UnSun to reflect their blending of death metal influences and melodic vocals. Mauser and Aya added additional musicians to complete the group. In 2007, the group was signed with Mystic Production.
The End of Life (2008)
In early 2008, Anna and Maurycy Stefanowicz began writing their first album, The End of Life, which was recorded at Studio-X in 2008. It was released through Century Media Records on 19 September 2008. The album features gothic metal and rock with a "homogenous mix" of hard guitar sound and tender melodies. AllMusic's reviewer noted that the album was far from Vader's Death metal and oriented more towards commercial gothic metal. The same year, UnSun performed the Black Sun Tour in Poland with Votum and Black River.
Clinic for Dolls (2010)
The band's record label, Mystic Production, announced in a press statement on 24 June 2010 that UnSun begun recording its second album Clinic for Dolls, which was scheduled for release on 11 October 2010. According to a press release, the vocal tracks were recorded at Studio X in Olsztyn and all the instruments were laid down at Hertz Studio (Behemoth, Vader, Decapitated) in Bialystok. The cover artwork was created by Hi-Res Studio, which also handled the band's latest photo session. The album was rated as "common gothic metal" by Sonic Seducer while AllMusic's reviewer found elements of J-pop. Metal Hammer Germany wrote also that the album was not as gothic and theatrical as others of its kind. About.com wrote that while the album did not focus as much on symphonic and orchestral parts as other gothic music, it still had "enough unique characteristics".
Both Filip Halucha and "Vaaver" Dramowicz left the band in 2010.
2014 - Present and Third album
On April 1st 2014 Anna Stefanowicz posted on Unsun's Facebook page with this direct quote: "Hey Guys!!!! Long time no news so here you go! My vocal cords and condition cousing problems with them is really imroving. so I can finally sing not only hum. In the meantime we're still, continuously, working on the new songs so you can expect new album will be coming out soon. As soon as we finish the songs we'll go to the studio and then we'll be able to give you more accurate release date of our third album. I hope that's sound good enough? Thank you for your constant support.Love you!!! See you soon. Best Wishes to you all. Aya"
- Anna "Aya" Stefanowicz - lead vocals (2006–present)
- Maurycy "Mauser" Stefanowicz - guitar (2006–present)
- Patryk "Patrick" Malinowski - bass guitar (2010–present)
- Wojtek "Gonzo" Blaszkowski - drums (2010–present)
- Filip "Heinrich" Halucha - bass guitar (2006–2010)
- Wawrzyniec "Vaaver" Dramowicz - drums (2006–2010)
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|The End of Life||
|Clinic for Dolls||
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
|2008||"Whispers"||Dariusz Szermanowicz, Grupa 13||The End of Life|
|2010||"Home"||Mateusz Winkiel, Mania Studio||Clinic For Dolls|
Awards and nominations
|2009||Metal Female Voices Award||Nominated|
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "UnSun". AllMusic. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- Freeman, Phil. "Clinic for Dolls - Unsun". AllMusic. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- Dietl, Katrin (2010). "Unsun - Clinic for Dolls". Metal Hammer (in German) (12).
- Lüthy, Juliane (2008). "Unsun - The End Of Life". Sonic Seducer (in German) (10). Archived from the original on 3 December 2013.
- Mineur, Matthias (2008). "Unsun - The End Of Life". Metal Hammer (in German) (10).
- Henderson, Alex. "The End Of Life – UnSun". AllMusic. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "Rusza Black Sun Tour 2008". Wiadomosci24.pl (in Polish). 3 December 2008. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "UNSUN Signs With MYSTIC PRODUCTION - June 24, 2010". blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- Lüthy, Juliane (2010). "Unsun - Clinic for Dolls". Sonic Seducer (in German) (11). Archived from the original on 3 December 2013.
Alles in allem aber nicht mehr als ein gewöhnliches Gothic Metal Album,... [All in all, this is just a common gothic metal album,...]
- Bowar, Chad. "Unsun - 'Clinic For Dolls'". About.com. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "UNSUN To Support TRISTANIA On European Tour - July 11, 2010". blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Unsun Oricon Chart" (in Japanese). www.oricon.co.jp. Retrieved 10 December 2011.