Un Día Normal
|Un Día Normal|
|Studio album by Juanes|
|Released||May 21, 2002|
|Recorded||December 2001 - February 2002|
La Casa Studios
(Los Angeles, California)
|Genre||Latin rock · Alternative rock|
|Label||Universal Music Latino|
|Producer||Juanes · Anibal Kerpel · Gustavo Santaolalla · Melissa Mattey|
|Singles from Un Día Normal|
The album was highly successful in Latin America. It was certified gold in Colombia during its first day of sales and was certified platinum and multi-platinum in countries including Colombia, United States, Spain and Mexico. The album spent 92 weeks in the top ten of Billboards Top Latin Albums chart, setting a new record and spent a total of two years on the chart.
The album also features "Fotografía" ("Photograph"), a duet with the Canadian pop singer Nelly Furtado about the isolation between lovers. All songs on the album were self-written by Juanes, except for the last song, "La Noche" ("The Night"), which was written by Joe Arroyo.
The album won six Latin Grammy Awards, one in 2002 for Best Rock Song ("A Dios le Pido") and five in 2003 for Album of the Year, Best Rock Solo Album, Song of the Year ("Es Por Tí"), Record of the Year ("Es Por Ti") and Best Rock Song ("Mala Gente").
|1.||"A Dios le Pido"||3:26|
|2.||"Es Por Tí"||4:11|
|3.||"Un Día Normal"||3:44|
|5.||"La Única" (feat. string arrangements by David Campbell)||3:02|
|7.||"Día Lejano" (feat. string arrangements by David Campbell)||3:33|
|9.||"Fotografía" (with Nelly Furtado)||3:58|
|10.||"Desde que Despierto Hasta que Duermo"||3:50|
|11.||"La Historia de Juan" (feat. string arrangements by David Campbell)||3:37|
- A Dios le Pido
- Es por Tí
- La Paga
- Mala Gente
This section does not cite any sources. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"A Dios le Pido"||March 25, 2002
|#1 (ARG/US Latin Pop/US Latin Tropical), #2 (US Hot Latin), #5 (ROM/RUS), #6 (Spain/EU Airplay), #7 (SLOV/SWI), #9 (GRE), #11 (UKR), #12 (FRA), #18 (NLD), #19 (AUT), #20 (BEL-Wall), #22 (Czech Republic), #23 (EST), #31 (GER), #33 (BEL-Flan), #41 (EU)|
|"A Dios le Pido" ("I Ask God") is the first single from Un Día Normal. It was primarily released in 2002 in Spain and Latin America. In 2006, the song was re-released in some countries in Europe due the success of "La Camisa Negra", which peaked in almost every European country in the top five.|
|"Es Por Ti"||September 23, 2002||Juanes||#1 (Chile), #2 (US Latin Pop), #8 (US Hot Latin)|
|"Es Por Ti" ("Because of you") was released as the second single from the album. It is a romantic mid-tempo song. The song was also a big success in Latin America, but was not released in Europe.|
|"Mala Gente"||January 6, 2003||Juanes||Juanes,
|#8 (US Latin Pop), #12 (US Hot Latin)|
|"Mala Gente" ("Bad Person") is the third single from the album. The song won the award for Best Rock Song in 2003.|
|"Fotografía"||April 28, 2003||Juanes||Gustavo Santaolalla||#1 (US Hot Latin/US Latin Pop), #4 (US Latin Tropical)|
|"Fotografía" ("Photograph") is a song recorded by Juanes and Nelly Furtado for Un Día Normal. The duet was extremely successful in Latin America on the Latin Charts in the US; it reached number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot Latin Tracks chart. The song became his third number one hit in Argentina and second one in Chile.|
|"La Paga"||August 4, 2003||Juanes||Gustavo Santaolalla, will.i.am||#2 (World Latin Singles), #3 (US Latin Pop/US Latin Tropical), #5 (US Hot Latin), #29 (Switzerland)|
|"La Paga" is the fifth single from the album. The single version features Taboo from the popular band The Black Eyed Peas. The song became less successful than the previous singles, due the fact it did not receive promotion like the former singles did. It was the second single released in Europe after "A Dios le pido."|
|"Un Día Normal"||December 8, 2003||Juanes||Gustavo Santaolalla||#24 (US Latin Pop), #44 (US Hot Latin)|
|"Un Día Normal" ("A Normal Day") was released as the album's sixth and last single.|
|U.S. Billboard Top Latin Albums||1|
|U.S. Billboard Latin Pop Albums||1|
|U.S. Billboard Top Heatseekers||1|
- Un Día Normal at AllMusic
- "Juanes Biography" Archived 2007-03-06 at the Wayback Machine.. Rockero.com. Retrieved January 24, 2007.
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Juanes' Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved January 23, 2007.
- "Juanes - Un día normal - swisscharts.com". swisscharts.com. Retrieved April 11, 2011.
- "Un Día Normal - Juanes | Billboard.com". billboard.com. Retrieved April 11, 2011.
- "Argentinian album certifications – Juanes – Un Dia Normal". Argentine Chamber of Phonograms and Videograms Producers.
- "Certificaciones" (in Spanish). Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Type Juanes in the box under the ARTISTA column heading and Un Dia Normal in the box under TÍTULO
- "Portuguese album certifications – Juanes – Un Dia Normal" (in Portuguese). Associação Fonográfica Portuguesa.
- "Spanish album certifications – Juanes – Un Dia Normal" (PDF) (in Spanish). Productores de Música de España. Select album under "Chart", enter the certification year in the field "Year". Select the certification month in the field "Semana". Click on "Search Charts".
- "American album certifications – Juanes – Un Dia Normal". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click Type, then select Latin, then click SEARCH.
- Estevez, Marjua (October 17, 2017). "The Top 25 Biggest Selling Latin Albums of the Last 25 Years: Selena, Shakira & More". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 18, 2017.